"The United State of America" United States of America by joiwatani
United States of America Travel Guide: 288,266 reviews and 669,323 photos
America the Beautiful
O beautiful for spacious skies,
Fro amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown they good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
The United States of America is a very huge country, land-wise and population-wise. There is what we call the Continental United States and there is also the Mainland United States. The United States is divided into East Coast and West Coast, Northwest and Southwest. There is also the Midwest.
There are also islands like Alaska and the Hawaiian Islands. Guam, Puerto Rico and Samoa are also included as the commonwealth states. USA has many states. One of them is Washington, the 42nd state where I live.
This country has the most diversed and multi-ethnic nation in the whole world! There are millions of people who wants to come here. There are hundreds of thousands of immigrants waiting for their visa to be approved by US embassies based in foreign countries because they want to come and live here. The reason is because the United States is the most welcoming country in the world. People have freedom here. The government is for the people, by the people and of the people. As long as you are industrious, you can be what you wanted to be, as there is equal opportunity. And, you can live your dream as long as you work hard! The American government has the best labor laws in the world!
The Americans accept you no matter what color, race, creed, age, disability you have. (Of course, there is still discrimination but we are changing. We just elected the first Black President of the United States of America!)
This country has so many natural wonders like the Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, Mt. Ranier, the Hawaiian Islands, among others. It has a desert, too. You can also find sand dunes in the United States.
There are also man-made attractions like New York City, the city that never sleeps. Las Vegas, the gambling capital of the world, is also a famous destination. At night, you will mesmerize by the thousands of neon lights in the city! There is also the Hollywood, where action movies are seen all over the world.
The children destination capital of the world is also in the United States. They call it Disneyland and Disneyworld.
There are so many things to do and to see in the United States. It will probably take us a lifetime to explore the beauty of this country! As a friend who used to tell me, you can travel by plane, car or boat, it is still a huge country to travel!
New York City
The Grand Canyon
The Niagara Falls
The Hawaiian Islands
Yellowstone National Park
I have been to all these destinations and I am hoping to build these pages later on.
In July of 1990, I came to the United States of America. It was after the killer earthquake that hit Baguio City, Philippines and killed almost 6,000 people. I was one among the 250 passengers that boarded a plane that was supplied by the U.S State Department to have an emergency flight to the islands of Hawaii. The passengers were all U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers. Among them was my ex-husband and myself.
We stayed for two weeks in Hawaii and after visiting all my friends and family, we boarded another plane to go to Dayton, Ohio, where my parents-in-law lived.
For about six years, I have moved around looking for greener pastures in the United States. I lived in different states: Hawaii, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, West Virginia, and Washington. I was searching for the American Dream.
This is the land of opportunity and equal opportunity. If you work hard, you are rewarded!!! That is why many immigrants come to the United States of America. It is the land of the free!!!
For two years after my arrival in the United States, I went to school in Athens, Ohio because I know that- that is the only visa I have to get into lucrative and good paying jobs. For those two years account my extensive travels in the United States including Canada. Every three months, on a school quarter break, I would travel from one state to another state.
I have travelled across the country three times:
The first one across the middle of the United States from coast to coast: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon and California.
The second trip, I travelled to the lower states: West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennesse, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington.
The third trip, I drove down to Florida crossing the states of West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississipin, Georgia, Louisian and Florida.
The fourth trip I did was going up to the upper states from Ohio to Pennsylvannia, New York, New Jersey, Vermont and New Hampshire.
And, during the summertime, we go to Michigan and Wisconsin.
The states I haven't been are actually the upper states which includes:
Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa. Also, I haven't been to Maine, Massachussets, Delaware, and Connecticut.
The last but not the least state I haven't travelled is Alaska, which is pretty close where I live right now but seem so far. (I just have to make time and get into a boat or a plane and get to Alaska!)
- Pros:Tourist friendly. Have all the amenities as long as you have the money!
- Cons:Not enough time to visit every town, city, and nook and cranny of the United States!
- In a nutshell:Whether you take a train, car, or boat, the United States is a huge country to travel!
The inauguration is going to be on January 20, 2009 for the newly elected President of the United States, Barack Hussein... more travel advice
There is no way you can do this with an 8 month old baby plus your time allotted is way, way too short. I travelled... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 923 Reviews
- 6,608 Photos
- 90 Forum posts
- 41 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of cachaseiro's United States of America travel pages
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "The United State of America"
- Wrote a Review Watch the inauguration of Barack Obama in United States of America Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch the inauguration of Barack Obama"
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (6608)
Videos in United States of AmericaSee All Videos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues