"Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'A" Top 5 Page for this destination Hanauma Bay by joiwatani
Hanauma Bay Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 46 photos
Hawaii is an island Paradise. You come here to relax, enjoy the sun and enjoy the sand! The island has so many beaches where you can swim, snorkel, dive, surf, board, or just plain relax.
If you are in Hawaii, make sure to take the bus and go around the island! It takes you at least two hours and this is the cheapest way to see the island of Oahu!
Also, visit the Iolani Palace, Bishop Museum and experience the life of the islands at the Polynesian Cultural Center...
Here are the things you can do:
Snorkelling is fun at Hanauma Bay. If you are not afraid to go further to the deep end, then you might see better and more colorful tropical fish. But, if you just stay close to the seashore, the only thing you see are snorkellers! There are so many tourists who are snorkelling and they sometimes get to your way!
Swimming and surfing in Northshore
Go island hopping
Walk in Waikiki at night and swim very early in the morning
Visit the Bishop Museum and see the oldest printing press in the United States
Visit the Seattle Aquarium
Eat lomo-lomo and have Kailua pig
Learn to dance the hula in Waikiki beach
Go shopping at the Flea Market at the Aloha Stadium
Experience how friendly the locals are by taking The Bus
Visit the Sealife Park
At least don't go home until you visited the Polynesian Cutural Center
My grandfather moved to Hawaii in early 1900s- he was one among the first Filipinos to immigrate in Hawaii. He was a "Sacada". During the the boycott of the Japanese plantation workers at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii, the company went to the Philippines and docked in the Ilocos region.
Over there, they recruited young, trong and healthy men, ages 18-35, to go to Hawaii and worked at the sugar cane and pineapple plantation. They signed 3,000 Ilocanos (the locals of the provinces of Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte ). One among the 3,000 men was my grandfather.
This was actually the story how Filipinos immigrated to the United States. Their first land of entry was the islands of Hawaii...
Okay, okay, okay! Bro!
*1. Haole - in the old days, a foreigner from any land. Nowadays, local residents refer haole only to Caucasians!
2. 'Okole Maluna - A literal (but bulgar) translation into Hawaiian of the drinkers' "Bottoms up!'
3. Aloha - Hello, goodbye, love, affection, regard and how-do-you-do?
4. Pupu - Originally means shells from sea or land but now, it means hors d'oeuvers and cocktail party snacks.
5. Laulau - a package of food wrapped in ti leaves. It contains morsels of pork or beef and fish, enclosed in taro leaves.
6. Kaukau - food of any kind/
7. Luau - Hawaiian feast.
8. Kamaaiana - born and raised in Hawaii.
9. Pali - A cliff or precipice .
10. The Kine: That kind. A generalization used by the people to lazy to think of the right word.
- Pros:It is a paradise here
- Cons:Too but, we get to go home!
- In a nutshell:A place where I always wanted to visit every other year!
Check the inside of the Iolani Palace and learn how the old monarch rule Hawaii! It is very impressive how the state of... more travel advice
There are so many things to see in Hawaii but make sure to include going to the Polynesian Center. It's not a complete... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Hanauma Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HANAUMA BAY"
- "Hanauma Bay's Surrounding Attractions"
- "Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay"
- "trippingstonefree hanaumabay"
- "Great place for snorkeling"
- "Easy Snorkling in HANAUMA BAY!!!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanauma Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Hanauma Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanauma Bay
Photos in Hanauma BaySee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues