Isla de Roatán Things to Do Tips by joiwatani
Isla de Roatán Things to Do: 79 reviews and 181 photos
This sounded like fun! I saw a couple on the bay paddle boating. They went through the line of mangroves. I saw them while I was up on the air seated on the Magical Flying Chair!
Address: Mahogany Bay Beach, Isla Roatan, Honduras
Mahogany Beach Signage
The Mahogany Bay Beach is great for snorkelling, swimming and just sun-tanning. The Mahogany Beach has all the facilities that you needed: bathrooms, lounging chairs on the beach, umbrella chairs, etc.
This is a safe place for children because there are guards around and there are warnings on the beach.
My daughter Sierra stayed here and played on the sand and the water while my husband went snorkelling.
Address: Mahogany Bay Beach, Isla Roatan
Mahogay Bay is where the Carnival Cruise Ships dock and port of entry to the Isla Roatan, Honduras. It is well-developed and have a very beautiful beach. It is great for snorkelling, swimming and a safe place for children to play.
There is also a mall with many stores selling arts and crafts and other gift items. There are also restaurants in the mall.
This is an over-rated small zoo that the owner of the place called it: "The Mayan Canopy Jungle". Just by its name, it sounds very interesting and it engage you to go visit it. It is a great marketing ploy.
Actually this place is a small zoo with monkeys individually caged. The owners named each monkey. There are also other animals that you can see like ant-eaters, rabbits and two deers grazing at the back of what looked like the yard of the house of the owner of this zoo.
There are several macaw birds in one big cage.
The cruise line charges $45.00 to come here and that includes the transportation and entrance fee.
If you come here, the entrance fee is $5.00.
When we came here, the place was not busy. We were the only visitors here. A guide came with us and got took some peanuts with him. He let us go inside the cage of the monkeys and let us pet them. One of the monkeys tried to open my backpack until the guide shooed him. These monkeys are mischievous. But, we had a great picture of one of the monkeys sittling on my daughter's shoulder.
We gave a five dollar tip to the guide because he was very pleasant. It was unnecessary but we did it anyway because he made us special.
Address: Isla Roatan, Honduras
More Reviews (38)
- See All Mailing Postcards in Isla Roatan
- See All Collecting refrigerator magnets?
- See All Looking to check your email? Or check...
- The basic food of the Honduran people
joiwatani's Related Pages
Isla de Roatán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island of Roatan - Honduras"
- "Isla de Roatan, Honduras"
- "Roatan of Las Islas de la Bahia"
- "A Nice Balance Of Shear Relaxation & Terror !"
- "La isla Bonita"
- "The Adventure"
- "Perfect Mixture of Caribbean and Central America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Roatán
- Hotels in Isla de Roatán
- Transportation in Isla de Roatán
- Nightlife in Isla de Roatán
- Restaurants in Isla de Roatán
- Shopping in Isla de Roatán
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Roatán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla de Roatán
- 42 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Isla de Roatán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Roatán
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: OMG! Time flies! I have not..."
- Wrote a Review Mailing Postcards in Isla Roatan in Isla de Roatán Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mailing Postcards in Isla Roatan"
- created a Isla de Roatán Travelogue "The woodcarvings in Isla Roatan, Part II"
- Commented on one of TinKan's Isla de Roatán travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues