Isla de Roatán Favorite Tips by joiwatani
Isla de Roatán Favorites: 17 reviews and 26 photos
Favorite thing: There are many stores at Mahogany Bay, the port where you usually dock when you go to Isla Roatan. The Mahogany Bay Mall is likely the place you will shop. There are several stores there where you can buy postcards but not sure where you can buy stamps. You can ask the Information Booth which is located at the Mahogany Mall.
There are also several stores in Coxen Hole, the main city in Isla Roatan. I went to Jaba Ding Ding and it was a nice place to shop. You will enjoy shopping there. They sell many potteries, Honduran purses and bags, bracelets, silver jewelries, etc. To get there is to hop a cab at Mahogany Bay (the cab drivers are usually waiting in line at the Mahogany Mall) and tell the driver to go to Jaba Ding Ding. You can request the store owner to mail you your postcard. She sells stamps over there.
Fondest memory: My daughter and I went ziplining and riding the Magic chair. We had the best time of our lives! We also shop at Coxen Hole, visited a small zoo there while my husband and other daughter went snorkelling at the Mahogany Bay.
Favorite thing: I think the people in Isla Roatan are genuinely very friendly. Most of them are very helpful. They are very laid back.
My observation is that they are just getting used to tourists. The new dock at the Isla Roatan was just developed by the Carnival Cruise Line and it was just recent that they started bringing tourists to the island.
The cab driver I hired as a tour guide was very honest and very friendly. He didn't scheme on me. He patiently waited for me and my daughter when we went window shopping and he also patiently waited for us at the Mayan Jungle Canopy.
A lot of the people here don't speak English so knowing the language Spanish is a plus.
More Reviews (40)
- See All Collecting refrigerator magnets?
- See All Looking to check your email? Or check...
- The basic food of the Honduran people
- See All Hotel Comedor
joiwatani's Related Pages
Isla de Roatán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island of Roatan - Honduras"
- "Isla de Roatan, Honduras"
- "Roatan of Las Islas de la Bahia"
- "A Nice Balance Of Shear Relaxation & Terror !"
- "La isla Bonita"
- "The Adventure"
- "Perfect Mixture of Caribbean and Central America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Roatán
- Hotels in Isla de Roatán
- Transportation in Isla de Roatán
- Nightlife in Isla de Roatán
- Restaurants in Isla de Roatán
- Shopping in Isla de Roatán
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Roatán
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sawara Hotels
- Ko Kaeo Noi Hotels
- Dongshan Dao Hotels
- San Luis Potosí Hotels
- Castellina in Chianti
Badges & Stats in Isla de Roatán
- 42 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Isla de Roatán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Roatán
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: OMG! Time flies! I have not..."
- Wrote a Review Mailing Postcards in Isla Roatan in Isla de Roatán Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mailing Postcards in Isla Roatan"
- created a Isla de Roatán Travelogue "The woodcarvings in Isla Roatan, Part II"
- Commented on one of TinKan's Isla de Roatán travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues