"Jumping at the Bangui Windmills" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangui by joiwatani

Bangui Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 163 photos

Bangui Windmills along the beach

On our way to Claveria, Cagayan, we stopped by the famous Bangui Windmills. I heard about these many times but I never had the chance to actually check the place. So, I tagged along with my sister Owen who was heading to Claveria, Cagayan, to visit her mother-in-law.

Bangui is a very small town. It is very easy to spot the windmills because they are towering tall. They are located close to the beach. You pass some fields, tiny cemented roads and then rough roads. There are shacks close to the beach where the residents sell souvenirs items of necklaces made of seashells, replicas of the windmills made of wood, etc.

It was a pleasant surprise for me to see the beautiful beach. It was very windy when I was there and I needed it as it was getting hot.

The residents are very polite and very courteous. I can tell that this place is just developing into a tourist town- not that popular yet but pretty soon, it will.

There are no places to spend the night or eat out so you must plan ahead of time to settle to the neighboring town or go to Pagudpud for the night. They have lots of resorts there.

The Windmills

There are many windmills in Bangui. I am not sure how it started but these probably installed to generate electricity as the electricity in the region is very expensive. There are dendro and hydro-electric projects in the provinces but due to deforestation, the projects of the government did not thrive.

The Bangui Beach

The beach is beautiful. However, this place is not fully-develop yet for tourism so for me, it was very nice. I didn't have to deal with a lot of people. The place is very clean, very peaceful and the people are very respectful and courteous.

This place reminded me of Boracay when I visited in 1989. There were no big flashy hotels. It's a beautiful and calming place to watch the horizon...

• Pros:it is a quiet place to visit
  • Cons:There are no restaurants or hotels yet
  • In a nutshell:Bangui is a must see place in Northern Philippines
  • Last visit to Bangui: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I always like places with windmills -- a clean and modern way to generate electricity.

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Bangui