"Jumping at the Bangui Windmills" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangui by joiwatani
Bangui Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 163 photos
On our way to Claveria, Cagayan, we stopped by the famous Bangui Windmills. I heard about these many times but I never had the chance to actually check the place. So, I tagged along with my sister Owen who was heading to Claveria, Cagayan, to visit her mother-in-law.
Bangui is a very small town. It is very easy to spot the windmills because they are towering tall. They are located close to the beach. You pass some fields, tiny cemented roads and then rough roads. There are shacks close to the beach where the residents sell souvenirs items of necklaces made of seashells, replicas of the windmills made of wood, etc.
It was a pleasant surprise for me to see the beautiful beach. It was very windy when I was there and I needed it as it was getting hot.
The residents are very polite and very courteous. I can tell that this place is just developing into a tourist town- not that popular yet but pretty soon, it will.
There are no places to spend the night or eat out so you must plan ahead of time to settle to the neighboring town or go to Pagudpud for the night. They have lots of resorts there.
There are many windmills in Bangui. I am not sure how it started but these probably installed to generate electricity as the electricity in the region is very expensive. There are dendro and hydro-electric projects in the provinces but due to deforestation, the projects of the government did not thrive.
The beach is beautiful. However, this place is not fully-develop yet for tourism so for me, it was very nice. I didn't have to deal with a lot of people. The place is very clean, very peaceful and the people are very respectful and courteous.
This place reminded me of Boracay when I visited in 1989. There were no big flashy hotels. It's a beautiful and calming place to watch the horizon...
- Pros:it is a quiet place to visit
- Cons:There are no restaurants or hotels yet
- In a nutshell:Bangui is a must see place in Northern Philippines
There are local stores on make-shift stores at the Bangui Windmills. They sell souvenir items like homemade windmills... more travel advice
If you are heading to the Bangui Windmills, you might as well check out the Pagudpud resorts first before heading to the... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Bangui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangui, Small Town With Awesome Landscape"
- "Bangui: Renewable Energy Capital ofthe Philippines"
- "Bangui Windmills"
- "Jumping at the Bangui Windmills"
- "AMAZING Bangui Windmills"
- "Bangui Windmills, feels like Don Quijote"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangui
- Hotels in Bangui
- Transportation in Bangui
- Shopping in Bangui
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangui
- 10 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Bangui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangui
Photos in BanguiSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues