"My Poem for Bulusan" Bulusan Lake by joiwatani
Bulusan Lake Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 168 photos
At Bulusan, I was
a silent witness:
to the rustling of bamboo leaves
and the murmur of the mossy rocks
cradled at the lakeside
kissed sometimes gently
at other moments
by the teasing waves.
the silence deafens me
when my eyes
are tired and,
I am weak
my sense of touch
is at the fullest.
The cold breeze
softly lap against my cheeks
and giving warmth to my heart
Again, I hear the murmur
of the rocks being
by the waves.
Going to Bulusan Lake was very exhilirating. We went there on a Sunday afternoon. We rented a tricycle (local transportation) going there and spent the whole day exploring the place.
There was no people around except us. There were four of us- an Israeli tourist we met in Naga City and two U.S. Peace Corps volunteers visiting our site.
The lake was very calm and surrounded by tall trees. One of my companions ended up skinny dipping!
Since I had my journal with me, I ended up writing a poem.
By the time that we were ready to go home, we can't find any ride at all so we ended up walking for about two hours! It was very tiring as I wasn['t ready to walk at all!
When you visit this place, make sure to bring your own transportation or make sure to rent one. Since it is not a very popular place, not a lot of people come here. Transportation is really a challenge!
- Pros:This is definitely a place where you can do meditation and write something poetic.
- Cons:Just wait til the zipline!!! I heard it will be great
- In a nutshell:I love Bulusan. If ever I have a chance again, I would love to go back to the lake again.
The bathrooms are about 500 yards to the right of the park passing the picnic gazebos. This is the only bathroom in the... more travel advice
%5Since I have not been back here for about 20 years, I opted to shop the fruits that I have not eaten for a long time.... more travel advice
- See All Bring your telescope and zoom lense
- The park closes at night
- See All You can walk to the park but give...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Bulusan Lake Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bulusan Lake
- Transportation in Bulusan Lake
- Nightlife in Bulusan Lake
- Shopping in Bulusan Lake
- Warnings and Dangers in Bulusan Lake
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bulusan Lake
- 27 Reviews
- 168 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Bulusan Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bulusan Lake
Photos in Bulusan LakeSee All Photos (168)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues