"Dreams come true" Europe by joiwatani
Europe Travel Guide: 686,584 reviews and 1,827,059 photos
When I was very young I dreamt of becoming a pilot so I can travel the world. But, as time flew, that dream was slowly unreachable as I was affected by family's economic crisis, the government turmoil in the Philippines and most of all, I didn't realize that to become one you have to be a good swimmer and have great eyesight! I have poor vision and at one point, I was considered legally blind. I can't swim either. Although I was surrounded by water, I was scared to swim then. My grandparents told me there were mermaids in the ocean and they might come and get me! (Growing up I was considered "Law-law" (pronounced as Lao like Laotian. This Iluko word means always galivanting. They have to scare me so I won't be going out to the beach!)
Now, I am fulfilling those dreams! I don't have to be a pilot to travel the world!
Two times I was invited to go to Europe but everytime, I was broke.
The first opportunity I had was to present a paper to the Women's International Convention in Geneva in 1992. My co-presentor went but I wasn't able to afford it. I was a starving student at Ohio University! Instead, I presented my paper on female circumcision during the International Developments Conference in Washington, DC.
The second opportunity I had was when my daughter Shelby went to join the Romantic EF Tours. I signed up for it but then again, I was not able to afford it. So, my daughter went with her classmates.
The third time, I was able to go. And, it wasn't that especial as I thought. So, I might probably go back to Europe with my family so I can enjoy better!
My European Trip last February 2009 was okay but not that great. I was homesick with my family! It is so amazing that once you have children, your lifestyle changes. And, so with my travel lifestyle.
I used to travel by myself and now, I feel like I am empty without my children by my side. I love travelling with them although they give me so much problems! (like "Mom, I needed to pee!" or "Mom, I am hungry!", "Mom, can you please buy me this?").
Although I travelled with children in Europe, they were not my own children! These were bunch of teenagers!
I am saving some money to go back to Europe! This time, I will bring my children and my husband. We are looking forward to travelling to Norway where Erik's mother was from. We will go there and visit his family!
Also, we will travel to different countries and give myself more time to plan. We wanted to visit Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Norway, France, Italy, Croatia, Great Britain, Scotland, Sweden, The Netherlands, etc.
- Pros:Great visit to historical places
- Cons:Not enough time and not with family
- In a nutshell:I will definitely go back to Europe and bring my family!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
- Machakos Hotels
- Mesto Libava Hotels
- San Antonio Palopó
- Redwood Falls
- Uzice Hotels
- Caldas da Rainha
- Deerfield Beach
- Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Gurgazu Hotels
- Alpedrinha Hotels
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Fort Clatsop National Memorial Hotels
- Mossel Bay
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 112 Reviews
- 766 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Videos in EuropeSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (260)
Top Europe hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9486 Reviews - 21653 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 440 Reviews - 765 Photos
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Vienna Hotels
- 7358 Reviews - 18228 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10124 Reviews - 21103 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8187 Reviews - 21637 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6982 Reviews - 15640 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5098 Reviews - 11237 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 637 Reviews - 1431 Photos
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Dublin Hotels
- 5143 Reviews - 9451 Photos