"Kolka - Since 1993 open for everyone" Kolka by bwk_michael
Kolka Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
Kolka was till 1993 a restricted area because of the russian armee. great and wild beaches, very good for hiking.
Kolka (Livonian: Kuolka) is a parish on the tip of Cape Kolka in Courland in Latvia, on the coast of the Gulf of Riga in ancient Livonia. It is home to the last remnants of Latvia's Livonian ethnic group, whose Livonian language is highly endangered.
near by is a very old fisherman village...the oldes house is from 1793, its under UNESCO...its hidden in the woods. its beautiful...but i got eaten alive by mosquitos..aaarrrggghhh.
near cap kolka you can find the largest ship gravejard in the balticsea.
Cape Kolka (Latvian: Kolkas rags - cape on the Baltic Sea, near the entry to Gulf of Riga, in Kurzeme region of Latvia.
Near the cape is located Kolka lighthouse.
- Pros:amazing beaches
bwk_michael's Related Pages
Kolka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy splendid isolation on Cape Kolka's beaches"
- "Where waves meets"
- "Kolka - Since 1993 open for everyone"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kolka
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kolka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolka
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Wareham Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Rostock Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Goa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sofia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Buxton Intro, 1 review, 8 photos