"Lincoln Airfield Pictures" Lincoln by bwk_michael
Lincoln Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 485 photos
Tiger Moth at Lincoln Airfield.
Lincolnshire still has the strongest claim to being the 'home' of RAF Bomber Command, playing host to many squadrons, including the Lancaster bombers of the famous 617 Dambusters squadron who were based at RAF Scampton. There were two Bomber Groups based in the county - No. 1 in the north and No. 5 Group in the centre and south. The Battle of Britain memorial flight is still led by a Lancaster named The City of Lincoln.
bwk_michael's Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln: a wonderful old city"
- "Learning To Live It"
- "It got a hill, a castle and a cathedral"
- "More history than you can shake a stick at........"
- "Medieval Lincoln"
- "A Rich History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
Photos in LincolnSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Wareham Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Rostock Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Goa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sofia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Buxton Intro, 1 review, 8 photos