"Toos in Pictures" Tus by bwk_michael
Tus Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 72 photos
Toos ,also known as Tous or Tus, is an ancient city in the Iranian province of Razavi Khorasan.
The city was vanquished by Genghis Khan's Mongol conquest in 1220.
Some notable figures in the history of Iran who were born in Toos include: Geber, Ferdowsi, Asadi Tusi, Nizam al-Mulk, Al-Ghazali, Nasir al-Din al-Tusi and the prominent Shia Twelver scholar Abu Ja'far al-Tusi.
Caliph Harun al-Rashid is said to be buried in Tus.
Hakîm Abol-Ghâsem Ferdowsî Tûsî, more commonly transliterated as Ferdowsi, (935–1020) is a highly revered Persian poet. He was the author of the Shâhnâmeh, the national epic of Persia (Iran).
Razavi Khorasan is a province located in northeastern Iran. Mashhad is the centre and capital of the province.
Other cities and townships are Ghouchan, Dargaz, Chenaran, Sarakhs, Fariman, Torbat-e Heydarieh, Torbat-e Jam, Taybad, Khaf, Roshtkhar, Kashmar, Bardaskan, Neyshabour, Sabzevar, Gonabad, Kalat, Khalil Abad and Mahvalat.
Razavi Khorasan is one of the three provinces that were created after the division of Khorasan in 2004.
bwk_michael's Related Pages
Tus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tous, Revive of Persian"
- "TUS,THE CITY OF IRANIAN POET, FERDOUSI"
- "Toos in Pictures"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tus
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tus
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Wareham Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Rostock Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Goa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sofia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Buxton Intro, 1 review, 8 photos