"OUR BEST X-MAS EVER!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos by Jawnuta
Puerto Morelos Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 199 photos
Puerto Morelos is a charming fishing village located 40 minutes south of Cancún ( 15 minutes from Cancún International Airport ) and 30 minutes north of Playa del Carmen. A perfect place to enjoy life and relax, a unique vacation spot in the Mayan Riviera.
The National Maritime Park, part of the Grand Mayan Reef the world's second largest barrier reef, is only 800 metres from shore. You can go swimming comfortably and the area is ideal for diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and other water activities.
Near the entrance to the town is the only Botanic Garden in the region and a Zoo. The town is edged by mangrove swamps to the west with beautiful local fauna. To the East are wide white sand beaches and the Caribbean Sea.
Puerto Morelos offers:
Fresh seafood daily and diving and snorkeling trips to the reef.
There are regional crafts and the necessary services for comfort including supermarkets, restaurants: (Mexican, Spanish, Italian, International ), Church, Medical clinic, pharmacy, Taxi services, Money exchanges, ATM, Tourist information , Phone / fax office & Internet Services.
There is no place for digital photography yet, so make sure to bring enough memory space for you camera.
We came to Puerto Morelos on December 24th in 2007 for our week long winter vacation. We discovered fantastic little village, friendly people, and great place to snorkel, eat good food and take a day trips to Tulum, Coba, and Chichen-itza.
After few days in Puerto Morelos you feel like not only you know everybody but everybody knows you.
There is few kinds of Puerto Morelos that came together every day on local pier and village square....
- hard working Mexicans who eat at Tio's
- more fortunate Mexicans who sometimes eat at Tio's
- wealthy non-Mexicans (owners of fancy villas in northern part of Puerto Morelos) .... they divide into two sub-groops .... the one that walk bare foot eat at Tio's
- tourists with the money and lots of make-up who would never eat at Tio's
- tourists whom I call "normal" (from the lack of better word) who eat at Tio's almost every day
- and the hippie population who cooks for themselves
The building is solid and quite new. Hotel has about 9 rooms so it is quiet and intimate. Location was great as it was... more travel advice
This restaurant is always packed with ex pats and tourists that would never eat at Tio and La Petita. The service is... more travel advice
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Puerto Morelos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR BEST X-MAS EVER!!"
- "By the Sea"
- "Puerto Morelos, Mexico"
- "La Joya del Caribe"
- "Puerto Morelos Mexico"
- "Still Small."
- "Puerto Morelos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Morelos
- Hotels in Puerto Morelos
- Transportation in Puerto Morelos
- Nightlife in Puerto Morelos
- Restaurants in Puerto Morelos
- Shopping in Puerto Morelos
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Morelos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Morelos
- 18 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Puerto Morelos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Morelos
Videos in Puerto MorelosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szczecin Intro, 39 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos
- Siteia Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ericeira Intro, 8 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 35 reviews, 25 photos
- Anafi Island Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos