"Between Valencia and Platja de Tavernes" Comunidad Valenciana by Jawnuta
Comunidad Valenciana Travel Guide: 3,554 reviews and 8,427 photos
We were driving along the coastal road from Valencia to Granada looking for that nice Spanish fisshing village with fishing boats and villagers selling their fish and nice small hotels and family owned restaurants.
So we drove and drove and drove passing all those ugly concrete sea-view highrise buildings.
Finally we just gave up as we could not see anything we liked. The sun was getting down and the ugly skyscrapers were getting even more ugly.
We pulled over to Platja de Tavernes de la Valldigna (see my tips), found the smallest hotel we possibly could and we took a room for one night (60E for 3 people).
The beach was great as it was late afternoon and it was not crowded at all. Water was nice and warm, we did enjoy ourselves.
After the sun went down we went for a search of the restaurant. WE drove to the near by town of Tabernas, but that town died long time ago, we came back to our Platja de Tavernes de la Valldigna, parked under our hotel and started walking reading the menus at every touristy restaurant we passed. Finally on the end of the boardwalk (walking north) we came across the restautant that just had something differnt about it. We went inside, we asked for paella. We were told that the person who cooks paella was off today. We had to look very desapointed because the waiter asked us how long we are staying in Platja (our last day). He came back few minutes later and told us, he woke up the grandmother and she will come and cook the paella for us ;-)
What a treat it was ;-)
Coastal road from Valencia to Platja de Tavernes de la Valldigna is quite pleasant but slow. It let you enjoy the views... more travel advice
Nice service. Great food. Looks touristy but the food is fabulous. Try their signature paella with seafood. Great wine. more travel advice
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Comunidad Valenciana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rachel_Suns Costa Blanca Page"
- "The Camino Sureste"
- "Comunitat Valenciana"
- "via Comunidad Valenciana"
- "The pearl of the Mediterranean"
- "Between Valencia and Platja de Tavernes"
- "Spain`s Costa Blanca Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Comunidad Valenciana
- Hotels in Comunidad Valenciana
- Transportation in Comunidad Valenciana
- Nightlife in Comunidad Valenciana
- Restaurants in Comunidad Valenciana
- Shopping in Comunidad Valenciana
- Warnings and Dangers in Comunidad Valenciana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Comunidad Valenciana
- 9 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Comunidad Valenciana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comunidad Valenciana
- Posted in Travel Peru Forum "What to do? Where to go?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "On our way to Platja de Tavernes de la Valldigna"
- Wrote a Review On our way to Platja de Tavernes de la Valldigna in Comunidad Valenciana Transportation
- updated a Comunidad Valenciana Travel Page "Between Valencia and Platja de Tavernes"
Photos in Comunidad ValencianaSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szczecin Intro, 39 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos
- Siteia Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ericeira Intro, 8 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 35 reviews, 25 photos
- Anafi Island Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos