"Me, three and Mamaia" Mamaia by Jawnuta

Mamaia Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 92 photos

I got my passport when I was 3 years old. since then every year I was going to Romania with my grandparents for our summer vacation. Usually we were taking a train that took about 2 days to get there and I remember it mostly standing on the side track than going to our destination. I remember each time crossing Danube river early morning. It was the biggest river I have ever seen (at 3 y.o.)

I remember the misterious mist over Danube, full of sounds and voices. Very often in my travels as an adult I remember that very felling of wonder and uncertanity when I was crossing Danube river. The feeling of longing, and excitement.

My travels with my grandparents in such a young age are probably to blame for my nomadic soul that can not stay too long in one place.
Yeah, I was born and rased in Poland, I live in America but my soul is everywhere else in the world.

I remember hot corn on the calb we were buying from local villagers that were delivering it on a donkeys.
I remember cotton candy.
I remember a big red automatic ice cream machine.
I remember a mini-golf field we did not have a money to go to.
I remember finding huge shells on the beach.
I remember learning few Romanian words to get by in foregin country.
I remember getting lost few times, and how terrified and excited at the same time I was.
I remember to try to behave and look like a local....according to my grandmother there were different prices for local people and tourists.
I remember the first feeling of belonging to the world as opposed to being a Pol.

• Pros:I was born to the world in the age of 3
  • Cons:Can't stop traveling since then
  • In a nutshell:Every child should be dragged straight from the crib to place like that
  • Last visit to Mamaia: Jul 1976
  • Intro Updated May 17, 2007

Comments

Jawnuta

“no reservations”