"Me, three and Mamaia" Mamaia by Jawnuta
Mamaia Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 92 photos
I got my passport when I was 3 years old. since then every year I was going to Romania with my grandparents for our summer vacation. Usually we were taking a train that took about 2 days to get there and I remember it mostly standing on the side track than going to our destination. I remember each time crossing Danube river early morning. It was the biggest river I have ever seen (at 3 y.o.)
I remember the misterious mist over Danube, full of sounds and voices. Very often in my travels as an adult I remember that very felling of wonder and uncertanity when I was crossing Danube river. The feeling of longing, and excitement.
My travels with my grandparents in such a young age are probably to blame for my nomadic soul that can not stay too long in one place.
Yeah, I was born and rased in Poland, I live in America but my soul is everywhere else in the world.
I remember hot corn on the calb we were buying from local villagers that were delivering it on a donkeys.
I remember cotton candy.
I remember a big red automatic ice cream machine.
I remember a mini-golf field we did not have a money to go to.
I remember finding huge shells on the beach.
I remember learning few Romanian words to get by in foregin country.
I remember getting lost few times, and how terrified and excited at the same time I was.
I remember to try to behave and look like a local....according to my grandmother there were different prices for local people and tourists.
I remember the first feeling of belonging to the world as opposed to being a Pol.
- Pros:I was born to the world in the age of 3
- Cons:Can't stop traveling since then
- In a nutshell:Every child should be dragged straight from the crib to place like that
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Mamaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M A M A I A"
- "Mamaia - fancy Black Sea resort"
- "Mamaia as you probably have never seen it before"
- "Mamaia - the beach for fun and joy"
- "The most beautiful resort on Black Sea Coast"
- "my first taste of the black seA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mamaia
- Hotels in Mamaia
- Transportation in Mamaia
- Restaurants in Mamaia
- Shopping in Mamaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mamaia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Mamaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mamaia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szczecin Intro, 39 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos
- Siteia Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ericeira Intro, 8 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 35 reviews, 25 photos
- Anafi Island Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos