"Kissos - mountain village in Pelion, Greece" Kissos by Jawnuta
Kissos Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Kissos is a beautiful mountainous village 63km from Volos and at an altitude of 520m. The scenery is both beautiful and magical, and the village keeps its traditional style.
Famous Church of Agia Marina is located on the large paved square in the centre of the village. This is the most famous Basilica church in all of the Pelion. Here you can admire the carved wooden icons and frescos painted on the walls by the famous painter Ioannis Pagonis.
You can take a walk and see the many chapels and spring water fountains which are all over the village.
A little further out you can follow the path and take a pleasant stroll through lovely scenery. This path will take you to the monastery of Agios Efstathios. Another path will lead you to Hania.
The name day of Agia Marina takes place on July 17th, and that of Agiou Efstathiou on September 2nd. Be prepared to take part in large fiestas on those days. There is celebration until the early morning with traditional Greek music and dance.
In Kissos you can find rooms to let, restaurants, tavernas, convenience stores, cafe and pharmacy.
If you like to swim you have a large choice of beaches near by. For example the sandy beaches of Agios Ioannis and Papa Nero which are beautiful and easily accessible by car. There is also a beach of Damouhari, with its white pebbles little further south but you have to walk after you park your car.
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Kissos Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kissos
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Kissos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kissos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szczecin Intro, 39 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos
- Siteia Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ericeira Intro, 8 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 35 reviews, 25 photos
- Anafi Island Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos