Estado de Quintana Roo Restaurant Tips by Jawnuta
Estado de Quintana Roo Restaurants: 6 reviews and 9 photos
We all nomewat know Mexican food. One way or another we stumbled upon Taco Bell hoping for something ethnic, good......well we were probably desapointed but at least we learned few words like taco, quesadilla, empanada......
I remember my Taco Bell experience and after just one visit I was thinking how anybody can eat that?????
Well, Mexican food is not what's sold in Taco Bell.
MExican food is made od sun, love (the two kinds of love....the one from the heart ...and...sex).
Wherever we go we always stick to the local kitchen of the region we visit. And I mean LOCAL not the simplified tourist version.
a) Taco Bell - NOT FOR US.
b) Street vendor selling tacos straight from his slightly bit up cooler - YUMMY!!!!!
a) Mayan waitress dressed up in pristine clean, ironed and starched Mayan outfit with manicured nails - NOT FOR US.
b) Mayan cook/waitress/cleaner in her not so new dress with Mayan earth on her hands, pollo blood on her apron and Mayan, golden smile - THAT IS THE FOOD WE ARE LOOKING FOR!!!!
Favorite Dish: We always struck the conversation with the server, even if there is a language barrier, there is always a sign language of happy belly.
The difference between touristy places and the honest local eateries is that in touristy places server will sell you whatever needs to "move", but in local "honest" place they will recommend you the dish they are the most proud of, because it is their home after all and they want you not only to bring the $$$ but they want you feel special and impress you with their culinary skills.
We always leave honest "american" tip so the servers not only remember us for the future, but they also remember what did we ate few days ago and next time recommend something new to try.
After all if you pay $10 for your dinner leaving $1.50 or even $2.00 will not ruin your vacation but if it may make a difference for a hard working staff - it just makes your meal taste so much better ;-)
More Reviews (33)
- See All RESORTS
- See All DINING in MEXICO - KNOW HOW...
- See All Airport Imigration oficer - Welcome to...
- What to bring with you
- See All Medications
- See All GAS STATION
Jawnuta's Related Pages
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cenotes and visiting the Maya's"
- "A week on the Riviera Maya"
- "Quintana Roo"
- "Quintana Roo and the maya riviera"
- "Mexico Trip"
- "Fly into Cancun and then GET OUT!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Hotels in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Transportation in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Nightlife in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Restaurants in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Shopping in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Quintana Roo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Quintana Roo
- 63 Reviews
- 154 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Estado de Quintana Roo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Quintana Roo
Photos in Estado de Quintana RooSee All Photos (154)
Videos in Estado de Quintana RooSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szczecin Intro, 39 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos
- Siteia Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Morelos Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chania Intro, 18 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ericeira Intro, 8 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 35 reviews, 25 photos
- Anafi Island Intro, 9 reviews, 50 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos