Ubudian's profile photo

Ubudian

Roy Online Now
Tall ships and stars to steer her by

My Favorite Pages

Bali

Klungkung

Travel Map

Personal Pages (1)

marquin59's Profile Photo
marquin59 Jun 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Just loved this read above....... I love the gamelan.....the sound, its pitch evokes/stirs something deep in me....the bagpipes also do this to me...lol !

• marquin59's Profile Photo
    marquin59 Jun 28, 2015 at 7:51 PM

.... just back from Ubud /Amed Bali.....temp here -3 @ 6am. Nth East Victoria Australia..... Bali blues setting in well and proper :-/

• marquin59's Profile Photo
    marquin59 Jun 28, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I have her on a wall here in my strawbale home The wall is painted in a color called"Bombay Jade", she is 6ft x 4ft , her name is Komang. She looks over me ! My Bali angel ;-)

SusanR38 Jun 13, 2015 at 11:15 PM

i am wishing to one day live in bali but I am wanting to live in a villiage as the locals do somewhere nice on the coast.i am coming to bali for three months next year to check out the areas that are not on the tourist track,i am only on a fixed pension and figure that will be enough as I am wanting to live as close to the locals as possible,i am so interested and honored to meet anyone who is living there now and to receive their advice and information,i am a spiritual person and I live my life in a spiritual way of kindness and compassion to all,i love my daily yoga and meditations and would love to see a community who is involved in these practices are the locals into the meditations and yoga?

Ubudian Jun 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM

Hi Susan,

What you seek will not be difficult to find here outside of the southernmost areas of Bali. Prior to your 3 month visit here you might want to learn Indonesian which will be very useful in staying with Balinese families in the more remote areas of Bali.

Welcome to VT and feel free to post questions on the forums.

Kind regards, Roy

Odinnthor's Profile Photo
Odinnthor Jan 27, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hello old friend. Sorry I missed the big day. Out of sight but not out of mind. Hope you had a great B-Day.......d:o)

Ubudian Jan 27, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Many thanks! You are too kind my friend! These days I rather prefer to forget about birthdays, as they only remind me of my age!

God's blessings and safe travel for you and yours!

BlueTraveller Jan 2, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Thanks Ubudian for your answer to 'Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months'. You covered some hard to find information. Much appreciated.

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Dec 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I've come back to these pages and pictures many times, and find them as fascinating the 10th time as the first. It's a rare and intimate glimpse at a gentle people in a very beautiful place. Thank you for sharing these, Roy.

Ubudian Dec 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Wow Kate! A million thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I think all of us who have been on VT for a long while sometimes wonder, “is it really worth the effort?” You have certainly answered that question for me! Cheers, and many thanks again!

FreeSpirit_sg Dec 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Which beach for Snorkelling? getting there advice needed as well'. You've been a huge help.

goutammitra's Profile Photo
goutammitra Dec 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Happy Birthday!

isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
isolatedpawn Nov 29, 2014 at 5:58 AM

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you

jayjayc's Profile Photo
jayjayc Nov 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Happy birthday! Cheers!

adriansyah's Profile Photo
adriansyah Nov 24, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Selamat ulang tahun. Wish you all the best. Greetings from Bengkulu - Sumatra.