"Bloomington - Home of the Hoosiers" Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington by KrisKaden
Bloomington Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 60 photos
I recently moved to Bloomington in October of 2007. As I am originally from the Tampa, Florida area, I was very nervous about living in a "small town." Bloomington has greatly surpassed my expectations, and hopefully I am able to convey what a truly pleasant town this is.
Although Bloomington is what I would consider to be a small town, there is a very big international community thanks to IU. A walk down 4th street downtown kind of reminds me of Brick Lane in London, as the smell of rich and delicious curries fill the air.
One of the things I have learned during the short time that I have been living here - boy do they love their festivals in Bloomington. The Lotus Festival features great international music, there are art festivals, beer festivals, biking festivals, and even a chocolate festival.
The Bloomington campus of Indiana University is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America.
- Pros:Great small town with lots of international influence.
- Cons:Somewhat stranded in the middle of Indiana - over an hour commute to Indianapolis!
- In a nutshell:Lots more than corn!
I spent two nights here when I first moved to Bloomington in October. I'm a fan of Hampton Inns for their reasonable... more travel advice
The Irish Lion is probably my favorite restaurant in Bloomington. The antique bar is gorgeous and the atmosphere is... more travel advice
KrisKaden's Related Pages
Bloomington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bloomington-home of my alma mater"
- "Bloomington - Home of the Hoosiers"
- "Greg's Local Tips"
- "In the Heart of IN"
- "Surprizingly Wonderful Town"
- "bloomington, indiana, usa"
- "Getting My Money's Worth In Bloomington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bloomington
- Hotels in Bloomington
- Transportation in Bloomington
- Nightlife in Bloomington
- Restaurants in Bloomington
- Shopping in Bloomington
- Warnings and Dangers in Bloomington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bloomington
- 5 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bloomington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bloomington
Photos in BloomingtonSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Tampa Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Orlando Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Sarasota 2 reviews
- Clearwater 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Bloomington hotel reviews
- Fourwinds Resort And Marina
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Bloomington Hotel
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Motel 6 Bloomington - Indiana University
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Country Hearth Inn Bloomington
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Bloomington
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Grant Street Inn
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Scholars Inn
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Bloomington Travelodge
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Indiana Memorian Union Hotel and Conference Center
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013