"Bloomington - Home of the Hoosiers" Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington by KrisKaden

Bloomington Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 68 photos

International flair with a small town feel

I recently moved to Bloomington in October of 2007. As I am originally from the Tampa, Florida area, I was very nervous about living in a "small town." Bloomington has greatly surpassed my expectations, and hopefully I am able to convey what a truly pleasant town this is.

Although Bloomington is what I would consider to be a small town, there is a very big international community thanks to IU. A walk down 4th street downtown kind of reminds me of Brick Lane in London, as the smell of rich and delicious curries fill the air.

Lots of festivals

One of the things I have learned during the short time that I have been living here - boy do they love their festivals in Bloomington. The Lotus Festival features great international music, there are art festivals, beer festivals, biking festivals, and even a chocolate festival.

Indiana University

The Bloomington campus of Indiana University is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America.

• Pros:Great small town with lots of international influence.
  • Cons:Somewhat stranded in the middle of Indiana - over an hour commute to Indianapolis!
  • In a nutshell:Lots more than corn!
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2008

KrisKaden Works Here!

Badges & Stats in Bloomington

Have you been to Bloomington?

Latest Activity in Bloomington