"mures departament, ro" Judetul Mures by andrei_popa
Judetul Mures Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 219 photos
Mures County (Hungarian: Maros) is a county (judeţ) of Romania, in the historical region of Transylvania, with the capital city at Târgu Mureş.
In 2002, Mureş had a population of 580,851 and the population density was 86.5/km².
* Romanians - 53.26% (or 309,375)
* Hungarians - 39.3% (or 228,275);
* Romas - 6.95% (or 40,425) (the highest percentage of any Romanian county)
* Germans - 0.35% (or 2,045), and other.
In terms of religion:
* Romanian Orthodox - 53.3%
* Reformed Church - 27%
* Roman Catholic Church - 9.5%
* Atheist, Non-religious or did not declare a religion - 0.5% (or 2,770)
The county has 5 municipalities, 7 towns and 91 communes.
The main tourist attractions in the county are:
* The medieval city of Sighişoara.
* The old city of Târgu Mureş.
* Sovata Resort.
* Calimani - Gurghiu Mountains.
* The city of Reghin
* The castles of Gornesti, Sanpaul, Brancovenesti, Gurghiu, Ozd, Cris, Bahnea.
andrei_popa's Related Pages
andrei_popa Was Born Here!
“''calatorului ii sade bine cu drumul'' (the traveller looks nice on the road)”
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 121 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Judetul Mures
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Judetul Mures?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Judetul Mures
Top 10 Pages
- Spain Intro, 3 photos
- Hungary Intro, 3 photos
- Romania Intro, 3 photos
- Budapest Intro, 3 photos
- Judetul Brasov Intro, 3 photos
- Judetul Sibiu Intro, 3 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 3 photos
- Brasov Intro, 3 photos
- Judetul Cluj Intro, 3 photos
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 3 photos