"The Traveller In Me" lisa_aruliah's Profile

What have you been upto Lisa?

Just a bit of house keeping here, people. Thought I should have a section and keep you updated on the recent changes in my travel pages and stuff..

UPDATE ON KI: I've been there and come back...ah...it was soo beautiful..can't believe that there was the bushfire there...I will need time to really do justice to that page.

D Day: 27th June 2007:
KANGAROO ISLAND here I come!!! I've booked my tickets etc, now all I have to do is go there, but the days are moving ever so sssslllooowwwlllyyyy :(

JAMAICA: I'm going to Jamaica!!!!

Travel Pages: Currently working on my Kangaroo Island page and hoping to put more pics on all my pages. I find it difficult to choose pics, so I've decided to do collages for all my pics. So look forward to my works of art (yeah right! lol)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I, Me, Myself

Disclaimer: This disclaimer is unlike others, as it is displayed right up here instead of way down there. Anyways, my pages are always a Work-In-Progress. Being a newbie, I find this really exciting and want to share all my travel stories with everyone.

I love to travel and it's much better with a small group (between 2 and half a dozen). I used to swim professionally in India and hence traveled interstate quite a lot. Unfortunately, I didn't get much sightseeing done (only saw the pool and the hotel I was staying in). Apart from a few family holidays to Goa, Bangalore, Ooty, Kodikannal etc, my first overseas trip was to Sharjah/Dubai. It was also the first time I've ever been on a plane! I must say that was an experience in itself!

I know I've said this before, but I LOVE TO TRAVEL, too bad I don't earn enough to do a world tour, although there was a time I thought becoming an air hostess would be the best way to see the world (unfortunately, I don't like the take offs and landing too much :( ).

As a traveler, my interests are to go 'where no man has gone before' (thank you Star Trek for that line), to stay off the beaten track, but there are times when I'm drawn to 'touristy' things and places. I get really excited before a trip as I'm looking forward to new sights and experiences. I also get just as excited to get home as there is nothing more comforting than my own bed. I found a quote on http://www.quotegarden.com/travel.html which puts my line above into perspective. It goes like this

'No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. ~Lin Yutang'

P.S. I’ve got to thank David for being my traveling partner in the recent past and not grumbling about the sudden and last minute travel plans/changes. I also have to thank him for the ‘Travelling across Europe on a shoestring budget’ Lonely Plant book. I no longer have an excuse not to travel.

Before I Go…

Before I make my final trip, there are a few places and things I want to see and do. Apart from seeing the world (duh!), I want to ‘discover’ Australia, one suburb at a time.

I’m going to divide the places and things I want to see and do into 2 parts – 1st being International and the 2nd being Australia (that which I call home for now).

My International Dream

I dream of visiting the following places and do the following things.

Tokyo, Japan: To visit a friend who will be on a university exchange program.

Scotland: I’ve read a lot of books which are based in Scotland and they’ve always inspired me to make that journey and visit the castles. *Sigh*

Negril, Jamaica: I would like to go to Jamaica to visit with my uncle who I haven’t seen in over a decade, actually closer to 2 decades. If you by chance are visiting or staying at Moondance Villas, say hi to Linus (my uncle) for me.

Greenland: I want to see the northern lights.

Tuscany: Watching the movie 'Under the Tuscan sun' makes me want to go there and see if it is as is in the movie.

*The pictures taken to create this collage was all downloaded from Google and then put together. If any are copyright protected, it was not intentionally downloaded...let me know which photo is protected and I will remove it immediately.

My Local (Australia) Dream

Australia: I want to find one of those waterholes or waterfalls that you always see people swimming in, on tv.

Australia: I want to go to a place similar to the top right picture seen in my Australia dream picture. It would be exhilirating and a feast for all the senses.

Sydney: I want to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge and conquer my fear of heights.

Goldcoast: Well I'd love to go and see Movieworld, Sea world etc.

• Intro Updated Jan 16, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
lisa_aruliah's Profile Photo

lisa_aruliah

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Confucius”

Real Name