"Atlone" Athlone by sangietair
Athlone Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 93 photos
We stopped in Atlone for a short break and a cup of coffee on our way to Galway. It wasn't raining so although cloudy with a few breaks of sunshine here and there, the day was perfect. We parked our car between Athlone Castle and the River Shannon and just did a walk about.
Athlone is a town in the centre of Ireland just on the banks of the River Shannon. Hence, it has been a strategic point for its involvement in many of the Irish Batles in the past.
An Ideal destination for a holiday break with a lot of history to offer and a good choice of accommodation, restaurants, pubs etc.
As we were walking by the river we came across 'a man and his dog'. Animals are always a good start for a conversation.... more travel advice
sangietair's Related Pages
Athlone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MIDDLE OF EVERYWHERE"
- "Athlone on the Shannon River"
- "Athlone, in the heart of Ireland."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Athlone
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Athlone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athlone
Top 5 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- County Dublin Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Athlone Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Wicklow Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- County Waterford Intro, 1 review, 3 photos