"Teledude's Boulder" Boulder by Teledude
Boulder Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 333 photos
Boulder sits at the true gateway of the Rockies. Drive up Canyon through Boulder and up the long and windy road through millions of years of geologic history. Watch rock climbers on warm days stretching their limits high above you. See kayakers plying their padling skills on Boulder Creek. Stop at Boulder Falls to see the cascades of snowmelt. At the top, in Nederland, you get your first glimpse of the Rocky Mountain's grandeur. As you gaze across Barker Resevoir your eyes fix upon the snow covered Indian Peaks and the possibilities start to become realities. This is it! You say to yourself in a not so subtle way. This is why you came to Colorado...
When I talk of Boulder, I talk of the City of Boulder-almost in the exact center of the county. Boulder county has many outlying cities but for me, real Boulder consists of Boulder Proper-within city limits and to the west of the city. To the east are some remnants of rural farms but mostly consists of continuously sprawling suburban areas. There are some nice flat hiking trails out there and especially if you've got horses but I'm here for the mountains, so I stay near them and that means the city of Boulder and the mountains, just a short walk from downtown.
Well my old home town of Boulder, there sure have been some changes going on here! Some new places have gone up and some have disappeared. It's all relative to how long you've lived here I guess. I've only been since '95. So the things I miss may have been new for those who've lived here long before me.
I used to be so proud to say I was from Boulder but sometimes, I'm not so sure. It seems most of what I went to Boulder for is still there...the mountains, trails and for the most part, nature, but the city has lost much of it's youth and funkiness. I'm sorry to report it's just another (albeit beautiful) Front Range town with all the problems of everywhere else...too much development, too many people and loss of true community. That said, it remains a far better place to live than most places in the country...
- Pros:Stunningly gorgeous, world class skiing, biking, hiking right in your backyard
- Cons:Traffic, Crowded, Pricey
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit anytime and to live-if you can afford it
(The photo on the right is from the Boulderado Brochure) The best hotel in Boulder by far is The Hotel Boulderado. It's... more travel advice
I haven't stayed here so I can't comment on the rooms but I have seen them and they are definitely pretty swanky. It's a... more travel advice
Teledude's Related Pages
Boulder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heaven on Earth!"
- "The Bold Beers of Boulder"
- "Sportsman's Paradise"
- "Boulder Colorado"
- "Boulder, Colorado"
- "Just passing through ......"
- "my home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boulder
- Hotels in Boulder
- Transportation in Boulder
- Nightlife in Boulder
- Restaurants in Boulder
- Shopping in Boulder
- Warnings and Dangers in Boulder
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boulder
- 10 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Boulder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulder
Top 10 Pages
- Ko Phangan Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yamagata-ken Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sendai Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boulder Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aomori Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nederland Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Kyoto Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue