"A Short Visit to Amiens" Amiens by dimilag
Amiens Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 388 photos
During our Normandy-Bretagne -Pas De Calais tour we made a short stop in Amiens in order to explore it and admire the main monuments.
A real feat of technology, it is one of the jewels of classical Gothic architecture. Built from 1220 by Robert de Luzarches then Thomas and Renaud de Cormont, its length (145 m), height (42 m) and volume (200,000 m3) make it one of the largest Gothic buildings ever erected. Its interior and exterior statuary is as remarkable as its architecture. Since its restoration it has been the main reference in the discovery of the polychromy of Gothic portals. This revelation has given birth to the show “Amiens, the cathedral in colour”, which provides a reproduction of the original mediaeval colours.
dimilag's Related Pages
Amiens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We keep coming back and discovering more."
- "Amiens, wealthy from dyening with indigo."
- "In the shadow of the cathedral!"
- "A good base for a history lesson"
- "Le Macassar CORBIE"
- "Amiens, en Picardie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amiens
- Hotels in Amiens
- Transportation in Amiens
- Nightlife in Amiens
- Restaurants in Amiens
- Shopping in Amiens
- Warnings and Dangers in Amiens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amiens
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Amiens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amiens
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos
- Lesvos Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Rethymno Intro, 57 reviews, 57 photos
- Milos Island Intro, 50 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thessaloniki Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Rethymno Intro, 36 reviews, 46 photos
- Skiathos Island Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 60 reviews, 5 photos
- Samothraki Island Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos