"Prefecture of Rethymno" Prefecture of Rethymno by dimilag
Prefecture of Rethymno Travel Guide: 286 reviews and 692 photos
The prefecture of Rethymno is surrounded by the Psiloritis Mountain range (Herakleion) and the Lefka Ori Mountains (Chania). Its homonymous capital lies on the north, in the immediate vicinity of the south beaches of the Libyan Sea. More specifically, thanks to an amazing network of routes, you will need 45 minutes at the most to drive from the north coasts of the Cretan Sea to the south ones of the Libyan Sea!
The south coastline of Rethymno is dotted with wonderful tourist seaside villages, including Aghia Galini and Rodakino. However, the settlements that are built on the slopes of Mt Psiloritis have preserved their local colour and traditional lifestyle. Therefore, they offer tourists unique experiences. Anogia in particular is regarded as the typical example of a time-honoured village.
Rethymno attracts many tourists, which is partly due to the fact that there are still large areas of unmatched beauty which have avoided excessive tourist development. The entire prefecture of Rethymno with its fishing villages on the south, Anogia and the fertile district of Amari offers visitors many new experiences.
It is worthwhile to visit the Idaean Cave as well as the sights of the town of Rethymno. There are also interesting local customs which are well worth your attention. The traditional fertile villages of the prefecture of Rethymno have many remarkable facilities.
The Anogia Summer Renaissance Music Festival (10-15/8) and the Fishing Feast are some of the most popular events that take place in the prefecture of Rethymno.
In this page you are going to find a lot of information about the villages, the caves, the beaches, etc of the Prefecture of Rethymno. Information about the town of Rethymno are given at a separate page.
I HAVE ALMOST COMPLETED THE PREFECTURE OF RETHYMNO PAGE. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY TO MY PAGE.
Litsa’s Lefkoniko Beach is charmingly furnished and decorated in the traditional style with old stones and dark... more travel advice
It is situated at a distance of 10 kilometers far from Rethymnon, at the East side of the island. It is an inland... more travel advice
dimilag's Related Pages
Prefecture of Rethymno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Rethymno Prefecture"
- "Prefecture of Rhetymno with Arkadi"
- "Prefecture of Rethymno"
- "Greece - Prefecture of Rethymno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Hotels in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Transportation in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Nightlife in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Restaurants in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Shopping in Prefecture of Rethymno
- Warnings and Dangers in Prefecture of Rethymno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prefecture of Rethymno
- 93 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Prefecture of Rethymno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prefecture of Rethymno
Photos in Prefecture of RethymnoSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos
- Lesvos Intro, 63 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Rethymno Intro, 57 reviews, 57 photos
- Milos Island Intro, 50 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thessaloniki Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
- Rethymno Intro, 36 reviews, 46 photos
- Skiathos Island Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 60 reviews, 5 photos
- Samothraki Island Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folegandros Island Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos