"Natural Bridge & Red River Gorge" Slade by sabogg01
Slade Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 21 photos
So after moving to Winchester, KY last year--I found that I was only a mere 30 minutes away from Natural Bridge & The Red River Gorge. It is a nice day trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The first thing we wanted to do was get some food, as I get quite tired of the many chain restaurants in my area.
So we made our first stop at Miguel's Pizza. I did not LOVE the pizza that I had but I am glad that I stopped here, its very inexpensive, a nice location, really neat looking and the owners seem to know everything there is to know about the area. You can also pick up some supplies that you might need along the way.
We made our second stop at the Natural Bridge, we decided to take the sky lift up since we haven't hiked in awhile. It is a 22 minute round trip ride. It costs $8 per person to take the lift up and back down, or $5 one way. There is a nice lil gift shop on the premises to pick up all of your great souvenirs. The ride down the mountain is very steep so be careful and don't swing the lifts and be sure and hold on.
The Bridge is wide so you don't have to fear walking across it, although i would not recommend getting to close to the edge. If you walk to the other side of the mountain there is a great photo opportunity to take pics of the bridge.
- In a nutshell:Nice lil town away from the city with a lot to see and do
Be careful when hiking as some trails are very narrow. Some of the drops are very high! It is best to stay on the trails... more travel advice
sabogg01's Related Pages
Slade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red River Gorge Gelogoical Area"
- "The Red River Gorge"
- "Natural Bridge & Red River Gorge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Slade
- Transportation in Slade
- Restaurants in Slade
- Warnings and Dangers in Slade
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Slade
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Slade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Slade
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos
- Nashville Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Chicago 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Windsor Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Kill Devil Hills Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Ocracoke 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Myrtle Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
Latest Slade hotel reviews
- Hemlock Lodge
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013