"Natural Bridge & Red River Gorge" Slade by sabogg01

Slade Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 21 photos

First stop...

So after moving to Winchester, KY last year--I found that I was only a mere 30 minutes away from Natural Bridge & The Red River Gorge. It is a nice day trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The first thing we wanted to do was get some food, as I get quite tired of the many chain restaurants in my area.
So we made our first stop at Miguel's Pizza. I did not LOVE the pizza that I had but I am glad that I stopped here, its very inexpensive, a nice location, really neat looking and the owners seem to know everything there is to know about the area. You can also pick up some supplies that you might need along the way.

The Sky Lift

We made our second stop at the Natural Bridge, we decided to take the sky lift up since we haven't hiked in awhile. It is a 22 minute round trip ride. It costs $8 per person to take the lift up and back down, or $5 one way. There is a nice lil gift shop on the premises to pick up all of your great souvenirs. The ride down the mountain is very steep so be careful and don't swing the lifts and be sure and hold on.

We made it!

The Bridge is wide so you don't have to fear walking across it, although i would not recommend getting to close to the edge. If you walk to the other side of the mountain there is a great photo opportunity to take pics of the bridge.

• In a nutshell:Nice lil town away from the city with a lot to see and do
  • Last visit to Slade: Jun 2007
  • Intro Written Jun 3, 2007

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 9:15 PM

A Slade page! I haven't had time to build mine yet, but I am from Wolfe County. Unfortunately, that old house I lived in in Mount Sterling is falling down now due to years of neglect but we still drive by it sometimes and wander in. Still creepy...

Badges & Stats in Slade