"Florida! Florida! Florida!" Orlando by sabogg01

Titanic Exhibit
Gatorland Mini Golf
Outlet Malls

Tips

-People with strollers are EVERYWHERE and most don't hesitate to run you over!! Be observant so you do not get ran over!!

-The shows at the end of the day were all a little disappointing. Make sure if you want a good spot to get there early and to get back to your resort and not wait forever on a shuttle I would leave a few minutes before it's over.

-The week of labor day was a great time to visit Disney!! We had 0 wait times for any of the rides and rode most things multiple times. It did rain everyday but only short showers.

-If you want more "adult" things to do and more adult rides I would suggest just doing the Universal parks. Each Disney park only had 2 or 3 really good rides. The rest were okay but nothing you can't find in regular amusement parks.

-If you have never been to Disney before I don't see the value in park hopper passes. We spent at least an entire day at each park and this is from people with no children, and no wait in the lines. There is enough to do that you do not need to jump from one park to the next if you have never been before. but that is just my opinion

-Invest in the meal plan! We saved hundreds of dollars by doing this. Each meal in the park even in the quick service areas is about $20-$25 a person.

-Wear comfortable shoes!! My bf wore Crocs and had 0 problems. I wore Nike Comfort Sole Flip Flops and they were great. You can get away with wearing tennis shoes. None of the few water rides really get you wet enough to have soaked feet.

My thoughts

Orlando is very easy to drive in. We rented a car for a couple days and the last time I was here we drove as well. No problems at all. If you love amusement parks this is a great place to come to. Although I have been to other amusement parks with better rides there is still something magical about the parks in Florida. I would come back one day. It was a great place to celebrate turning 30! :) It made me feel young and not my age at all! Although at the end of the day my feet sure felt 30 lol

• In a nutshell:Great place to be a kid again
  • Last visit to Orlando: Sep 2011
  • Intro Written Oct 19, 2011

Comments

Badges & Stats in Orlando

Have you been to Orlando?

Latest Activity in Orlando