"Stacy's Virtual Tourist Page" sabogg01's Profile

About Me

My name is Stacy and I thank you for taking the time to visit my page! (I have plenty to update but I am slow!) I live in Lexington, KY....what is known to some as the horse capital of the world. I have a degree and a job that I really enjoy with a Medical company. I enjoy exploring my city and trying new restaurants and hidden gems. I love taking trips and only wish I had more time for my travels. One day I will travel the world.

Hobbies

I love spending time with my family and friends, but enjoy *me* time as well. My favorite thing to do is travel but I also enjoy photography, scrapbooking, painting, drawing, watching television and movies, reading, listening to music and attending concerts, playing card games and board games, hiking, surfing the web, graphic design, web design, cookouts, haunted places, shopping, wine tasting, etc.

Where it all began...

Growing up my family never really took an actual vacation. A vacation meant to us spending a Saturday in another city within 1-2 hours away shopping, hiking at a national park, or at an amusement park.
I feel that I missed out on 18+ years of getting to see the world so now I feel that it is important to see and do as much as I can. My first actual trip was in September 2005 when my friends and I went to Washington DC. Since then I have made substantial progress on my travel map, including spending a semester in Costa Rica studying abroad. Luckily I have friends and a boyfriend that loves to travel as much as I do and usually I can talk someone into taking a day off from work every now and again to go with me.
I cannot wait to get out there and see what else the world has to offer.

The way I travel...

I try to use Priceline's name your own price feature as much as I possibly can, unless I need something specific (IE: Ocean View) we have managed to get some really great deals on 4 and 5 star hotels this way and I would highly recommend it. I am a college student so I am still a budget traveler. My first time visiting a place I like to go ahead and do all of the "touristy" activities that some may consider lame. I create my own itinerary and try to follow it as closely as possible. I don't like a lot of downtime on a trip. I have a lot to learn about traveling, but that is why I'm here :) Hopefully in the process I can help someone else out too!

Upcoming Travels/Adventures

****2009****
Feb 15-New Orleans *Complete*
Feb 16-21-Cruise to Cozumel/Yucatan Mexico *Complete*
Feb 21-23-Mardi Gras *Complete*
April 28-29 Chicago (Again!)
Oct-New York, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, PA, MA**Complete**
****2010****
****2012****
June-Cape Cod, MA/Boston/Newport, RI
Dec-Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West, Cayman Islands, and Jamaica

Places I Want To See

Well I just thought that I would share some places that I would like to visit as I am a novice at traveling compared to a lot of VT members.
Throughout the years I am sure I will be seeking advice from many of you and please know that I appreciate all of the feedback and advice that I receive.
Sooo anyway, some places id like to see within the next 10 years are:

Turkey
Greece
Amsterdam
Australia

And of course anywhere else that I have the oppurtunity to see.
The cities vary with each destination. I want to see them all within the next 10 years at least once.

• Intro Updated Feb 3, 2012

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Happy Birthday; Hope you have a great day.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo
      Oct 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Thanks Al!!! I am getting married Saturday and then on Sunday will be off to Belize!

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Congrats. ENJOY Belize. My wifes old boss has a motu down there and loves it.

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Happy birthday Stacy!

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Have fun! If Shark Ray Alley is still there, that was really cool.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo
      Oct 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Thank you !going for my honeymoon! Spending 3 days in the jungle at Belmopan and 4 days in Hopkins at Almond Beach

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Long time, no talk... Hope all is well down there and you have a great Birthday.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Looks like you haven't checked in for awhile, hope you are having a happy birthday!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Nice to meet you in today's birthday list. A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you healthy and wealthy to keep on travelling interest. Cheers.

• Sassafrasskass's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Happy birthday!

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hope you are having a wonderful birthday!

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Made it back in time to be online. Happy Birthday. Met some people at dinner tonight that were vacationing in SF from Lexington. Small world.

Hope it's a great one.

• sazaliy's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Happy birthday to you

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!