"Malham Cove" Malham by ChartIt
Malham Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 158 photos
You know this was my first hiking trip with the Outdoor Society, and it was one heck of a trip! You can climb all the way to the top of the massive limestone cliff that makes up Malham Cove. It is about 260 feet tall, and there are stairs though they can be very slick when wet.
Upon arrival to the top of the Malham Cove you see an amazing view. And there is a shot of me! I did make it! The rocks were very slick, and we spent most of the day trying not to break our ankles sliding all over.
The fairy's live here too! And it is named after one of the fairy queens. The waterfall and pool have been used by the local farmers, at least they did, as a place to wash their sheep off. It is a very pretty place and really the woods around it feel magical and alive.
- Pros:massive cliff, cool waterfall
- Cons:the stairs to get to the top!
ChartIt's Related Pages
Malham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Spectacular Landscape - Shame About The Crowds.."
- "Glorious Malham"
- "A bit about Malham ...."
- "Mystical Malham"
- "MALHAM VIEWS"
- "Malham Cove"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malham
- Hotels in Malham
- Transportation in Malham
- Restaurants in Malham
- Shopping in Malham
- Warnings and Dangers in Malham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malham
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Malham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malham
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos