"Isle of Skye!" Isle of Skye by ChartIt
Isle of Skye Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 879 photos
So I decided I needed a break! I have stayed with Macbackpackers at the Castle Rock Hostle in Edinburgh, i saw their flyers for their tours. I went for it, I took their 3 day Isle of Skye tour. I have spent worse times on the bus before. Our guides were wonderful, full of energy and really lovely story tellers. We may have spent a lot of time on the bus, but they really made it alright. We visited many sights which will be elborated but not right here. We enjoyed a bit of scotch upon entering the Highlands, saw hairy coos, and had amazing weather. Truely it couldnt have been a more blessed weekend! I even got sunburned!! Who would have thought sunburn in Scotland! Anyway we spent one day on the Isle of Skye, and it wasnt nearly enough, I could have stayed for at least a week if not two just enjoying the mountains, and the ocean.
I loved their tour, they have a lot of spunk and great deal of warmth. They are definatly designed for the 20 year olds and the young at heart, real young. I was amazed at the amount of traveling we did in 3 days. Additionally we had a nearly 3 mile climb, which thank god the weather was amazing. It was a bit more rough then i am used to, and it was far far higher up with far less ground to walk on then this praire girl is used to. But really it was stunning, it would have been really hard though if i wasnt uses to hiking up hills though.
- Pros:Isolated, beautiful scenery
- Cons:Isolated, a bit hard to get to without car
- In a nutshell:Makes me want to marry a scotsman!
Stick your face in the stream, it is supose to give you eternal or at least longer lasting beauty. The stream is blessed... more travel advice
Go for a walk at the castle ruin. There isnt a lot up there, but we had a great view for the sunset. It is only... more travel advice
ChartIt's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
Photos in Isle of SkyeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Isle of Skye hotel reviews
- Carters Rest Guesthouse
- 242 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013