"Fossils!" Staithes by ChartIt
Staithes Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 55 photos
Staithes is a lovely sleepy town right on the ocean and it is wonderful. I really enjoyed my visit with the town. Captain Cook actually has a museum there just for him! So if you want to learn about naval history, check out fossils and enjoy some salty air this place is wonderful!
The fossil I found on the beach. There are a lot of fossils you look down and they are everywhere! Most require a pick ax to get out, and you should be sure to read up on local regulations regarding fossil hunting.
- Pros:nice little place
ChartIt's Related Pages
Staithes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More Birthday Traveling in Staithes"
- "Captain Cook's home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Staithes
- Hotels in Staithes
- Transportation in Staithes
- Restaurants in Staithes
- Shopping in Staithes
- Warnings and Dangers in Staithes
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Staithes
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Staithes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Staithes
Photos in StaithesSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos