"Agra" Agra by ChartIt
Agra Travel Guide: 1,127 reviews and 3,706 photos
Agra may be a lot of amazing things. But for me the first reaction I had was to get in and get out! Agra has one of the Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal. It is beautiful. And you have to go! Oddly enough it looks like it does in all the pictures. But that doesnt take away from the sheer beauty of the place. There are two Mosques on either sides of the Taj Mahal and you can see a river when you go to the other side. I had the novel experince of having a small group of people gather around me to watch me write in cursive! That was interesting. There are no vendors or gift shops this is just a site. And you take it for what it is.
Agra Fort is a wonderful historic site within the city. You can Learn about Agra's history and admire the architecture. Agra truely was what opened my eyes to the finest Indian Architecture I have seen. It really was wonderful elaborate and just simply stunning.
The former palace the city was built and eventually had to be abandoned shortly a few years after its completion. They didnt quiet figure out how to get water to the city! Regardless the views and cool breezes of this abandond city make it in many ways an oaisis from the noise and traffic of the city of Agra.
- Pros:The Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort
- Cons:The rest of Agra
- In a nutshell:Loud, dirty city, protects, and preserves national treasures.
ChartIt's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Agra"
- "World of the Wonders"
- "Another Agra"
- "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- ">> eternal love of TAJ "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos