"Dehli" Delhi by ChartIt
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,811 reviews and 4,688 photos
I knew that India was a poor, highly populated country before I left. However I didnt not expect the absoutle crush of people, the criss crossing wires, the noise and the massive force that makes up India. It isnt something you can every explain, it is just completely different. I want to go back, hopefully one day I will. It is truely an amazing place, full of people willing to talk to you. *They might make fun of you, and you wont ever know it* but It is truely an experince worth it. But remember sometimes you really need to just take a deep breath and spend a day in a quiet garden. India takes a lot out of you, real quick.
The Sikh people, have a wonderful policy. They feed the poor, and they feed the pilgrims. We visited a Langer, their word for kitchen. *Dont you it is in Cork, Ireland it is rather rude way of talking about male genitalia* But these people who have so little compared to most westerners; we still see so much love for each other and charity, and hope. It is truely a wonderful thing to see people looking after each other.
You should visit, though i admit the guy protecting the moneument still have guns and cannons and gaurd it. This fort is just amazing it is red because of the red sandstone it is made of. There is some amazing enlaid decorations with semi precious stones, a throne, and some just amazing royal quarters. There is also what is left of British Colonial buildings that were added. This offers a good history to the site: http://www.theindiatravel.com/travel/favourites/fortpalace/redfort/redfort.htm
ChartIt's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos