"Oh the dreaded titles" ChartIt's Profile
I really kind of hate the part where you talk about yourself. My name is Casey. I am a social studies teacher! I have taught the last few years with AmeriCorps and a program called Lalanne at the University of Dayton. I have spent the last two years teaching in San Antonio, Texas. I am from the Chicago area and I have spent most of my adult life as a graduate student. I have two masters degrees, one in education and one in medieval history. I obviously love to travel! A not obvious fact about me, my favorite animal is the naked mole rat. I adore Sci-Fi and historical movies and TV. I read a whole lot both for work and pleasure. When reading for pleasure I tend to choose historical mysteries or Napoleonic war/ Regency (either contemporary or modern) novels. I have become a huge fan of the mash-up fiction such as, “Pride and Prejudice and zombies.” I also enjoy knitting, nature, my two dogs (Nick and London), terrariums, museums, history, food, root beer, quilting, sewing, crafts in general, and whatever else catches my fancy. I tend to become fascinated by things and exploring constantly and then becoming interested in something else. This has resulted in a lot of wide and varied knowledge and interests; but the ones above have been with me for quite a few years and continuous.
I am currently exploring the Chicago area in an effort to rediscover and finding new and exciting things to do with the men of my life. One is a wonderful man and the other his seven year old little boy; we are having a blast!
Aiming for local adventures with long term plans in the formation.
The Near Future:
We booked our honeymoon! It is a traditional Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival. I am excitied and nervous all at the same time; new experiences, new married life, new adventure. We will be visiting Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, and Isla Roatan.
Wizarding World of Harry Potter 2013?
Italy? (5 year wedding celebration)
Tahiti/Fiji (10 year wedding party)
1) Pack LIGHT!
2) Plan ahead but be preapred for your plans to go out the window for a an afternoon or a day!
3) Ladies: Get a Menstration Cup. They take a good 15-10 minutes to learn to use, and they might be a little costly to begin with. But for me it paid for itself in three months and I didnt have to throw anything in the garbage! So it is eco friendly, it NEVER leaks, it is very comfortable, and I am in love with it!! I wish I had learned about them before I went to India or Africa!
4) Ladies: Having a good travel skirt is a positive. But do not compromise on style, you will regret it because you will never want to wear it! For trips these days I seem to live in my macabi skirt. I bought it from them directly they can be made into shorts, pants, and the long skirt. Though the shorts and pants look are not for everyone the price is average compared to other travel skirts. It is a bit more "hip" and youthful then some skirts. It is a thin fabric that dries very fast, can be used in a wide variety of ways. I love mine, but really the look isnt for everyone. But I refused to buy one for ages because they felt to old for me, or didnt sit on my hips but at my waist. The good news is the right skirt for you does exisit somewhere just keep looking. Plus if you do get one, you can cut down on your packing and thus accomplish Tip 1, pack light!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 139 Reviews
- 249 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- ChartIt and Jen1025 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review A wonderful experience! in Covington Hotels
updated their Profile Page "Oh the dreaded titles"
- created a Indiana Travel Page "Hooiser by Birth....."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Seat of Meade County"
- Commented on riorich55's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brandenburg Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Malawi Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos