"Malaysia's Most Beautiful Buildings" Putrajaya by Aidy_p
Putrajaya Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 369 photos
Big buildings in a big city is a common sight. But when a whole entire precinct has been dedicated for big buildings galore, I'd say that this was really a first for me.
The first time I heard about Putrajaya was when I was in school in 1995. In the same breathe, Cyberjaya and the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) were mentioned and was seen as a bold move forward for Malaysia. The entire project was conceived by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad and he spared no effort in making the place a talking point for all visitors.
However, this Administrative City of Malaysia reminds me of two overseas locations:
1. North Korea: The roads in Putrajaya are well constructed and even minute details such as the street lamps and fencing are intricately designed and each precinct see a different design for their street lamps. One thing that starkly stood out in this paradise was that there were very few cars, similar in this instance to the communistic country of North Korea.
2. Saudi Arabia: Most of their buildings are set in the Arabic style and it was just totally surreal touring around this area. The middle eastern flavour was overwhelming to say the least.
Other than just standing around and taking pictures, you can get up close to the buildings by going on a cruise along... more travel advice
The Putra Bridge or Jambatan Putra in the malay language is no wooden plank across a small river. The bridge, modelled... more travel advice
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Putrajaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Administrative Capital of Malaysia"
- "PUTRAJAYA - government administration centre"
- "Putrajaya Malaysia"
- "A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA"
- "THE PRINCE AS IT IS!!!!"
- "Putrajaya - New Capital"
- "The path to the new city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putrajaya
- Hotels in Putrajaya
- Transportation in Putrajaya
- Nightlife in Putrajaya
- Restaurants in Putrajaya
- Shopping in Putrajaya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Putrajaya
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Putrajaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putrajaya
Photos in PutrajayaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos