"Exploring Hokitika in a day" Hokitika by Aidy_p
Hokitika Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 195 photos
This town sprouted up because of the existence of gold in the region. Settled in the 1860s, this town is still rich, but in terms of it's arts and craft.
Coming through Fitzherbert street, you'd see most if not the entire town of Hokitika. Yes, it's pretty small but definitely a nice stop-over. The clocktower stands as the most prominent structure in town.
Located on the right side of the road near Hari Hari is Wanganui River. People of the past used to pan for gold here.... more travel advice
The lake is a real picture postcard moment. The calm, reflective waters is a good place to take photographs and to just... more travel advice
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Hokitika Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hokitika - West of the Southern Alps"
- "Hokitika on the West Coast of NZ"
- "Hokitika - Fun to visit and fun to say!"
- "A land of Food and Ice"
- "wonderful sea views"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hokitika
- Hotels in Hokitika
- Nightlife in Hokitika
- Restaurants in Hokitika
- Shopping in Hokitika
- Warnings and Dangers in Hokitika
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hokitika
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hokitika?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hokitika
Photos in HokitikaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos