Singapore Local Custom Tips by Aidy_p
Singapore Local Customs: 115 reviews and 187 photos
Sale of New Year Goodies
Every year, the Chinese community celebrates their most important festival - Lunar New Year. This is a celebration of a fresh start to the year. Something similar to the New Year that the world celebrates on 1 Jan.
The Lunar New Year is dependent on the Chinese calendar and ususally happens either in Jan or Feb. The Lunar New Year sees the renewal of ties among kin, the celebration of life, sharing of food, and the giving of red packet that contains money to the children.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Southeast Asia's Longest Expressway
- See All Get a taste of Bak Kut Teh (Pork Soup)
- See All Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)
- No Need For Bottled Water
- Wear Your Running Shoes
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 24 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Farmstay in Perth"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Southeast Asia's Longest Expressway"
- Wrote a Review Southeast Asia's Longest Expressway in Singapore Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Singapore
- Commented on one of a60's Singapore travel pages
- updated a Singapore Travel Page "Uniquely Singapore"
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
- Sentosa Island- 77 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Zoological Gardens & Night Safari- 125 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Little India- 61 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Orchard Road- 40 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 50 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Universal Studios- 23 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Clarke Quay- 29 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay- 45 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Bugis Street- 14 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Songs of the Sea - Sentosa Island- 31 Reviews, 69 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do