"Uniquely Singapore" Singapore by Aidy_p
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,575 reviews and 10,399 photos
We do not have many natural wonders, nor do we have many antique buildings (The oldest being our Old Parliament House built in 1827). But that does not mean that Singapore is a lifeless place. In fact, this country is one of the greenest that you can find in South East Asia, with trees lining the roads.
We are sometimes seen as people who live to eat. You can check out hordes of foodcourts and hawker centres that are dotted around Singapore.
Soon, you'll also to to place your bets in the two casinos that should be opened by 2009. We will also see Singapore's version of London Eye - known as The Singapore Flyer in 2008. Also, F1 will be coming to town in that same year. Talk about excitement!
On the educational front, the government has announced that there will be a fourth government university to be set-up in the next couple of years. The latest university will look to offer three main disciplines:- engineering, design and business. Singapore's three other universities are the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University and Singapore Management University.
On the travel front, North Korea's Air Koryo now (Sep 08) flies direct from North Korea to Singapore. Independent travelling within North Korea is not allowed and all visitors must book their flights via the state- owned Korea International Travel Company (KITC) or its local agents. Air Koryo has also purchased new Russian airliners for this purpose.
I had this great opportunity to take this lovely picture of a nice sunset at the ground level of my home. About 70% of singaporeans like me stay in government-built high rise apartment.
Singapore has just set another record - Southeast Asia's longest underground tunnel. The Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway... more travel advice
Walking down Orchard Road, you'll bound to see a man with his motorcycle and his uniquely designed side carriage. These... more travel advice
- See All Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)
- No Need For Bottled Water
- Wear Your Running Shoes
- Lapse of Luxury
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 24 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Farmstay in Perth"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Southeast Asia's Longest Expressway"
- Wrote a Review Southeast Asia's Longest Expressway in Singapore Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Singapore
- Commented on one of a60's Singapore travel pages
- updated a Singapore Travel Page "Uniquely Singapore"
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos