"The Land of Tight Security" Manila by Aidy_p
Manila Travel Guide: 2,187 reviews and 5,467 photos
I had wanted to visit Philippines as far back as the 90s but found no true reason why I should do that, until now.
Prior to that, there was always a nearer country that I could spend less time on the airplane, or more exotic places where you could capture picture-perfect shots.
This trip, I visited Philippines with seven other people to render assistance to the needy, to feed the hungry children; to bring smiles to their faces.
We had heavy lugguages and the items we had largely made up of old clothing that we wanted to give away to these children. We were armed with nothing more than a few sets of our own clothing, sculpturing balloons and a guitar.
It was indeed a very different trip for me.
One of the first glimpse of the tight security, other than those that were observed at the airport, was on the streets... more travel advice
What struck me the most was the presence of jeepneys at nearly every corner of town. You could see that the owners truly... more travel advice
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Manila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Manila!"
- "Manila, love or hate"
- "Capital of the Philippines"
- "Aliwan Fiesta 2011: Ilonggo's Pride and Victory"
- "Love It Or Leave It..."
- "Capital City of the Philippines"
- "IMPREXXION: MANILA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manila
- Hotels in Manila
- Transportation in Manila
- Nightlife in Manila
- Restaurants in Manila
- Shopping in Manila
- Warnings and Dangers in Manila
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manila
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Manila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manila
Photos in ManilaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos