Phumi Siem Reab Favorite Tips by Aidy_p
Phumi Siem Reab Favorites: 35 reviews and 45 photos
Essence of Life
Favorite thing: It's a habit of mine to buy a big bottle of water. We'll normally leave this big bottle in the hotel room while topping up the smaller mineral bottles that we carry along with us during our day trip.
This time though, our hotel provided us with two bottles of complimentary water daily, and that normally would be enough to last us for the day. But habits die hard. We still bought ourselves a bottle 1.5l of Bayon mineral water for 2,000kr, or about US$0.75.
Everything Matches...From the Bottle to The Mug
Favorite thing: The first thing anyone can do is to try out the beer of that particular country that you are in. You need to be one with the country before you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the place, so why not start it off with a local beer?
I thought the Angkor beer was a little too malty for my liking. But it still cooled me down after walking around the markets with the sun at full blaze.
Things here are much more expensive than in Vietnam. I paid US$2 for a bottle of Angkor beer whereas you can get a bottles of vietnam's 333 beer for less than US$1!
Favorite thing: So you've visited all the temples, took a boat ride on Tonle Sap, enjoyed a beer or two at Pub Street. Now it's time to pay up.
Before you leave Siem Reap, you'll need to fork out US$25. I guess to sustain their balinese-inspired airport.
Favorite thing: Have searched on the web for an answer but was not able to get an affirmation. So here's what I've learnt.
ASEAN tourists do not need to apply for a visa. you should head straight to the immigration counter instead of turning left for those who require to apply for Visa.
For the rest, you will need to have a 4x6 photo and US$20 for the Visa. Remember to bring along that photo or else it will be more troublesome as you'll be directed to take a photo and things may just get delayed.
More Reviews (20)
- If Serenity Is The Thing For You
- See All A Market North of Psar Char
- See All Looking For a Dead Fish
- See All Hungry When On Board?
Aidy_p's Related Pages
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Angkor Wat"
- "The city behind Angkor"
- "Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor"
- "IMPREXXION: SIEM REAP-ANGKOR"
- "Good morning, Siem Reap"
- "SIEM REAP – Siam Defeated…"
- "Gateway to Angkor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phumi Siem Reab
- Hotels in Phumi Siem Reab
- Transportation in Phumi Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Phumi Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Phumi Siem Reab
- Shopping in Phumi Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Phumi Siem Reab
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hawaii (State of)
- Cavtat Hotels
- Trece Martires City Hotels
- Frankfurt am Main
- Sterling Hotels
- Or Yehuda Hotels
Badges & Stats in Phumi Siem Reab
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Phumi Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phumi Siem Reab
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 60 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 44 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Batam Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos
- Perth Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos
- Kukup Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Singapore Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Melaka Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos