"Living in Marquette" Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette by mw_isis

Marquette Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 309 photos

Beautiful Water Views

My husband and I moved to Marquette in July 2006...after having only visited once. We're both attending Northern Michigan University and wish we had more free time to enjoy day to day living up here. But, I have to say: this is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived/visited. I love it and you probably will too!

If you love having nature just minutes away then you'll love staying in Marquette. There are so many trails, lakes, etc. to experience.

Wildlife at Your Fingertips

While strolling along the Bog Walk Trail, we had the pleasure of encountering a family of deer who were just as interested in us as we were of them. My grandfather used to call these kind of deer, "swamp deer" because of their greyish toned hair.

A View of Marquette

This is a unique view of Marquette that you probably won't see advertised or photographed too often. Founders Landing is relaxing, quiet, and content. I love walking down this way along the paths experiencing local families wandering about with their children.

• Pros:Beautiful landscapes, right in amongst nature, super friendly people.
  • Cons:Seven months of winter (unless you LOVE snow sports), hardly any shopping to speak of.
  • In a nutshell:If you visit once, you'll certainly be back (maybe even to stay)!
  • Last visit to Marquette: May 2007
  • Intro Written May 9, 2007

mw_isis Lives Here!

mw_isis

“Don't just do what they're doing...choose your own adventure!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Marquette

Have you been to Marquette?

Latest Activity in Marquette