"Living in Marquette" Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette by mw_isis
Marquette Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 318 photos
My husband and I moved to Marquette in July 2006...after having only visited once. We're both attending Northern Michigan University and wish we had more free time to enjoy day to day living up here. But, I have to say: this is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived/visited. I love it and you probably will too!
If you love having nature just minutes away then you'll love staying in Marquette. There are so many trails, lakes, etc. to experience.
While strolling along the Bog Walk Trail, we had the pleasure of encountering a family of deer who were just as interested in us as we were of them. My grandfather used to call these kind of deer, "swamp deer" because of their greyish toned hair.
This is a unique view of Marquette that you probably won't see advertised or photographed too often. Founders Landing is relaxing, quiet, and content. I love walking down this way along the paths experiencing local families wandering about with their children.
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes, right in amongst nature, super friendly people.
- Cons:Seven months of winter (unless you LOVE snow sports), hardly any shopping to speak of.
- In a nutshell:If you visit once, you'll certainly be back (maybe even to stay)!
It's cute and quaint in it's own way, but exceptionally loud; the wine bottles are stored for show and not for sale; and... more travel advice
I've only had the pleasure of eating at the Upfront twice, but I would definitely go back. It's a small music venue (no... more travel advice
Marquette Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Small Town next to a Big Lake"
- "Marquette, Michigan, One of My Favorite Towns"
- "Lake Superior Iron Ore Port Turned University Town"
- "Living in Marquette"
- "Drew's new Marquette Page"
- "Marquette, Michigan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marquette
- Hotels in Marquette
- Transportation in Marquette
- Nightlife in Marquette
- Restaurants in Marquette
- Shopping in Marquette
- Warnings and Dangers in Marquette
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marquette
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Marquette?Share Your Travels