"Rahul's Travels and Adventures" rahul.k.agar's Profile

The Rooftop of The World - TIBET

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. ~Mark Twain

In July 2006, I backpacked around Tibet/Nepal for about 3 weeks. The views were simply mind-blowing. You have to believe me when I say that this place has one of the best sceneries in the world. For anyone who is planning a visit to this region of the world, I strongly encourage you to do so. Me and a couple of friends whom I met in Lhasa hitch-hiked from Lhasa to Kathmandu for about a week. It was definately one of the most exciting periods of my life. It wasn't easy but Tibet's full of adventures, so get out there and be part of it.

For more info on my Tibet adventures, see my Tibet page.

The Caribbean - Jamaica, Cuba, & Bahamas

Guys, this trip was simply out of this world. December 2006, my family and I did a 3 week trip down to Kingston, Mo'bay, Habana and Nassau. It was a fully funded family holiday, so needless to say, it wasn't as adventurous as the Tibet trip but nonetheless I absolutely loved it! ;) Habana was especially exciting because we got to experience a 'true' working communist society. Contrary to popular belief, I actually found a large number of people who were rather satified and content with their way of life. Literacy rate was at a shocking 98% and it has an impeccable health system.

• Intro Updated Mar 27, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!