"A Great City" Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion by Balam
Heraklion Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 857 photos
Heraklion is the capital of Crete and gets overlooked by most tourists who do not visit it except to go to the Airport.
The Venetians began construction of the city walls in 1462 and they took more than a century to complete. The walls are... more travel advice
The monastery and Church of Saint Peter (Ayios Petros) in Iraklion was built by Dominican Monks in the early 13th... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Heraklion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ocean Village"
- "Heraklion-Irakleio-Chandak-Candia-Megalo Kastro"
- " Crete (Handakas),my ex-homeland "
- "A Great City"
- "KALIMERA KRITI ! GOOD MORNING CRETE !"
- "Heraklion or Hercules city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heraklion
- Hotels in Heraklion
- Transportation in Heraklion
- Nightlife in Heraklion
- Restaurants in Heraklion
- Shopping in Heraklion
- Warnings and Dangers in Heraklion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heraklion
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Heraklion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heraklion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos