"Beautiful Bourton" Top 5 Page for this destination Bourton on the Water by Balam
Bourton on the Water Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 210 photos
Bourton on The Water is in the Cotswold's, described as the heart of England an area of great beauty and a unique architectural style with villages built in a Warm Yellow Stone steep pitched roofs tall chimneys and moldings around windows, gables and drains.
Many buildings in Bourton are over 3 hundred years old some even older that date back to Elizabethan times and a few with roots going back much further.
The river Windrush flows through the centre of the village and provides countless lovely photo opportunities. There are a number of pubs and restaurants which provide food and drinks as well as some lovely shops to browse around.
For some reason when you search on VT for Bourton On The Water it does not come up, you have to search for Bourton then pick Bourton On The Water from the list of laces starting with Bourton! weird eh? but then you could have arrived here or at another Bourton page via a link or by picking it of somebody's page. However you got here looking at Bourton On The Water it is certainly worth the effort to find and to see what a lovely place Bourton On The Water is although really, if you can you should visit this lovely Village!
- Pros:Lovely Village, Easy to walk round
- Cons:Will be very busy in the Summer
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Village on a river, Lovely buildings and friendly people.
When you have your guide and or Town Trail from the Tourist Information have a good walk round and look at the... more travel advice
The Old Manse Hotel looks a nice place to stay, there is also a restaurant and a bar area (you can eat in either) we... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Bourton on the Water Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Classic Cotswolds"
- "Beautiful Bourton"
- "Bourton...four villages in one."
- "A very pretty place......."
- "Bourton on the Water"
- "Bourton-on-the-Water and attractions."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bourton on the Water
- Hotels in Bourton on the Water
- Transportation in Bourton on the Water
- Restaurants in Bourton on the Water
- Shopping in Bourton on the Water
- Warnings and Dangers in Bourton on the Water
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bourton on the Water
- 9 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Bourton on the Water?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bourton on the Water
- Posted in Travel Alvor Forum "Re: where can i get a massage in..."
- Wrote a Review Walking Round in Bourton on the Water Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice Hotel"
- Commented on one of DEBBBEDB's Bourton on the Water tips
- updated a Bourton on the Water Travel Page "Beautiful Bourton"
- Commented on the Bourton on the Water Restaurants travel guide
Photos in Bourton on the WaterSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos