"Bristol" Bristol by Balam

Bristol Travel Guide: 748 reviews and 1,671 photos

After traveling down to Cardiff Central I met Vicki and we caught the train To Bristol. We had a nice walk around which could have been much better if it had not been raining (although it was only light rain)
We spent a few hours looking around before heading back to Cardiff, It was nowhere near enough time but it gave me a Chance to cross another of the UK's more interesting pubs off my list, The Hatchet Inn.

One place i really wanted to visit was The Hatchet Inn and it's ancient door, does it really have a covering of human skin under it's tar coating??

Bristol first received a Royal Charter in 1155 and it was granted County status in 1373.
For 500 years it ranked amongst the top three English cities after London until the industrial Revolution saw the rise of Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.

• Pros:Lots to see around the city!
  • Cons:For us the weather could have been better
  • In a nutshell:A great city full of history
  • Last visit to Bristol: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2011

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Looks like a nice city,like the Cathedral it looks a lot like Notre Dame

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Gareth, lovely little page about Bristol here. I have heard many good things about the city and crossed it several times by train, but never really visited it properly. The Hatchet Inn is definitely on my list for Bristol. :-)

Balam

“Take as Many Pictures As Possible”

Badges & Stats in Bristol

Have you been to Bristol?

Latest Activity in Bristol