"Bristol" Bristol by Balam
Bristol Travel Guide: 741 reviews and 1,678 photos
After traveling down to Cardiff Central I met Vicki and we caught the train To Bristol. We had a nice walk around which could have been much better if it had not been raining (although it was only light rain)
We spent a few hours looking around before heading back to Cardiff, It was nowhere near enough time but it gave me a Chance to cross another of the UK's more interesting pubs off my list, The Hatchet Inn.
One place i really wanted to visit was The Hatchet Inn and it's ancient door, does it really have a covering of human skin under it's tar coating??
Bristol first received a Royal Charter in 1155 and it was granted County status in 1373.
For 500 years it ranked amongst the top three English cities after London until the industrial Revolution saw the rise of Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.
- Pros:Lots to see around the city!
- Cons:For us the weather could have been better
- In a nutshell:A great city full of history
The Hatchet Inn is one of if not The Oldest Pub in Bristol. It has a great history and this old Tudor timbered house has... more travel advice
Founded as The Abbey of St Augustine during the 12th and declared a Cathedral in 1542 following the dissolution of the... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Bristol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alright my lover?"
- "Far beyond the shrinking skies"
- "Brissle - a gert lush areal!"
- "Bristol/Brizzle - Capitawl of the Southwest"
- "Welcome to Brizzol"
- "Bristol - Prepare for the unexpected"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bristol
- Hotels in Bristol
- Transportation in Bristol
- Nightlife in Bristol
- Restaurants in Bristol
- Shopping in Bristol
- Warnings and Dangers in Bristol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bristol
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Bristol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bristol
Photos in BristolSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos