"Isca" Caerleon by Balam
Caerleon Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 85 photos
Caerleon "fortress of the Legion" was once one of the most important military sites in Britain under the Roman Empire.
It was home of the 2nd Augustan Legion and housed some 5,000 Roman Legionaries and Cavelry. The Large fortress had a amphitheatre, baths complex, shops and temples.
Now Caerleon is an attractive and historic town with a nice selection of pubs, restaurants and tea rooms as well as some great craft shops.
- In a nutshell:History everywhere
You can view the excavation of the Roman Baths displayed along with Written and audio information and projections and... more travel advice
This is a Fantastic pub in the middle of Caerleon it looked old from the outside due to some drooping window sills but... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Caerleon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caerleon - travel back to Roman times"
- "Caerleon Roman site"
- "Caerleon - A Roman town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caerleon
- Restaurants in Caerleon
- Shopping in Caerleon
- Warnings and Dangers in Caerleon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caerleon
- 7 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Caerleon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caerleon
Photos in CaerleonSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos