"Caerphilly Rains" Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly by Balam
Caerphilly Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 420 photos
Caerphilly (Caerffili) is a large town within it's own quite large borough, the town is located at the southern end of the Rhymney Valley in South Wales not to far from Cardiff (just over 7 miles) over a small mountain (Caerphilly Mountain). Traditionally the town is within the county of Glamorgan.
The town gives its name to Caerphilly cheese, which originated in the area and was the birth place of the famopus Comedian Tommy Cooper.
The Town is dominated by Caerphilly Castle which was built between 1268 and 1271 and is the largest Castle in Wales and easily my favorite castle.
When i first visited it rained, not just drizzle, i mean really rained. i'm sure you can see by the pictures. On a recent visit in Febuary the weather was, err, well. better, at least it was not throwing it down so we visited again just to take some better pics. I thought about replacing these pictures with the newer ones but then i thought it might just spoil it, Somehow the rain just adds to it. I Have put the newer ones in a travelog. The Weather has been better at times on later visits but i always think about that first rainy visit.
If you have the time why not take a walk on Caerphilly Mountain.
There are various paths that you can follow and all will offer some great views over Caerphilly, Cardiff and the Bristol Channel
The Moat at Caerphilly Castle can be very dangerous! don't go swimming or paddling init, especially if the siege engines... more travel advice
Caerphilly was the birth place of the famous Comedian Tommy Cooper who was born here on 19 March 1921 and died doing... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Caerphilly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caerphilly - Famous for its' Castle and Cheese..."
- "Caerphilly Rains"
- "ordinary town with a medieval castle!"
- "Caerphilly - famous for two things!"
- "Home of the cheese and the castle"
- "Caerphilly, famed for cheese and leaning castle"
- "Caerphilly - Caerffili"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caerphilly
- Transportation in Caerphilly
- Restaurants in Caerphilly
- Shopping in Caerphilly
- Warnings and Dangers in Caerphilly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caerphilly
- 15 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Caerphilly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caerphilly
Photos in CaerphillySee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 93 reviews, 360 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos