"Cosmopolitan Cardiff" Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff by Balam
Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,032 reviews and 2,996 photos
The city of Cardiff was the county capital of the county of Glamorgan which later became South Glamorgan it is now a unity authority in it's own right although VT still has all places listed under the old counties.
Cardiff was only a small town until the early 19th century; it came to prominence as a major port for the transport of coal following the arrival of industry in the area. Cardiff was made into city in 1905 and only proclaimed capital of Wales in 1955.
Since the 1990s Cardiff has seen some significant development with the vibrant new waterfront area at Cardiff Bay which contains the new Welsh Assembly Building, the Wales Millennium Centre arts complex, A Great Modern Visitors Centre among many others both old and new.
There is a lot of building being done in the City Centre with a modern new Library having been built and some lovely new Restaurants.
- Pros:Great History, Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Atmosphere
- Cons:None I can think off
- In a nutshell:A great yet small city with some fantastic things to do, Very friendly
The Crockerton is a Lloyds No.1 Bar on Greyfriars Road in the center of Cardiff and one of 5 Wetherspoons pubs in the... more travel advice
The Duke of Wellington Cardiff is situated on the Hayes in the centre of Cardiff, It is a really nice pub, great to just... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Cardiff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cardiff - the friendly capital"
- "Prifddinas Cymru (Capital of Wales)"
- "Croeso i Gaerdydd/ Welcome to Cardiff"
- "Cosmopolitan Cardiff"
- "Cardiff ......My Hometown"
- "capital of Wales"
- "Caerdydd - Britain's young capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cardiff
- Hotels in Cardiff
- Transportation in Cardiff
- Nightlife in Cardiff
- Restaurants in Cardiff
- Shopping in Cardiff
- Warnings and Dangers in Cardiff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardiff
- 46 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardiff
- created a Cardiff Travelogue "Brief Visit to 2014 Christmas Markets"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brief Visit to 2014 Christmas Markets"
- Wrote a Review Reliable about Pubs/Bars in Cardiff Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Alvor Forum "Re: where can i get a massage in..."
- Commented on one of Balam's Cardiff tips
- Uploaded a Video to Cardiff
Photos in CardiffSee All Photos (206)
Videos in CardiffSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 360 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos