"Harlech" Harlech by Balam
Harlech Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 45 photos
Harlech means 'Bold Rock' which is apt as the town clings to the land at the foot of it's spectacular sited castle and another of King Edward I's Iron Ring of fortresses begun in 1283.
The song 'Men of Harlech' has immortalised the siege during the the War of the Roses when it was held for the Lancastrian side for 7 years before becoming the last stronghold to fall to the Yorkists in 1468. It was also the last Castle in Wales to fall during the Civil war 200 years later.
Parking could be a problem in the busy season, there is a smallish carpark just near the castle and a larger one at sea... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Harlech Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a Castle..."
- "Sunny Wales Weekend"
- "Imposing castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harlech
- Hotels in Harlech
- Transportation in Harlech
- Nightlife in Harlech
- Restaurants in Harlech
- Shopping in Harlech
- Warnings and Dangers in Harlech
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harlech
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Harlech?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harlech
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 91 reviews, 350 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 45 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos