"A lovely Town" Kidwelly by Balam
Kidwelly Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 31 photos
kidwelly was founded in around 1115 AD reciving its Royal Charter from King Henry I, It has a population of around 3,00 people but is visited by over 30,00 tourists every year. The main attraction is the Magnificent Castle built in 1106 which sits above the original walled town and overlooking the River Gwendraeth.
Old Town of Kidwelly is situated at the side of the Castle and by the end of the 13th Century it was was defended by... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Kidwelly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A lovely Town"
- "Cydweli, Sir Gar, Cymru"
- "Kidwelly Castle"
- "Sleepy Kidwelly"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kidwelly
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Kidwelly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kidwelly
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 89 reviews, 337 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 74 reviews, 275 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 37 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 45 reviews, 113 photos
Latest Kidwelly hotel reviews
- Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013