Macclesfield Things to Do Tips by Balam
Macclesfield Things to Do: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Ian Curtis of Joy Division, One of Manchester's Greatest and Most Iconic Bands lived and died at 77 Barton St.
It was here that he wrote many of his now famous songs as well as being site of his tragic suicide at only 23 years old on 18th May 1980.
Address: 77 Barton Street
Coming soon ... . .. .... .. . . . .
At the side of the town hall is the Tourist Information, Quite a large and well stocked shop with helpful staff
A small museum in the park , worth a visit if your passing
In the cemetery you can find Ian Curtis's memorial stone, He was the lead singer of Joy Division and lived and died at the young age of 23 in Macclesfield.
The Town Hall is a lovely building that is being made to look much better by some restoration, Quite a lot of restoration by the look of it!!
Balam's Related Pages
Macclesfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Things to do in Macclesfield"
- "Macclesfield Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Macclesfield
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Macclesfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macclesfield
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 94 reviews, 365 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 206 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 48 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos