"Penarth" Top 5 Page for this destination Penarth by Balam
Penarth Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 132 photos
In Victorian times Penarth was a very popular holiday destination and was promoted as 'The Garden by the Sea' It would have been packed with visitors from the South Wales valleys as well as the Midlands and the West Country people all staying for a few days or just visiting for the day and all mostly arriving by train.
These days the town with its traditional seafront promanade and Victorian pier continues to be a regular holiday destination even though the number of visitors is much lower than were common from Victorian times untill the 1960's
I first visited The Captains Wife after visiting Cosmoston Medieval Village. we only had a drink but Vicki had eaten... more travel advice
The parish church of Penarth (St Augustines) sits on the higest point on the town, on the headland at the south west tip... more travel advice
Balam's Related Pages
Penarth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short visit to Penarth"
- "Penarth - a bit of traditional seaside"
- "Picturesque Penarth"
- "A quick visit..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penarth
- Transportation in Penarth
- Nightlife in Penarth
- Restaurants in Penarth
- Warnings and Dangers in Penarth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penarth
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Penarth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penarth
Photos in PenarthSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 91 reviews, 350 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alvor Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 62 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 45 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 58 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 35 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos